✗ prologue ✗

⚊ prologue

Love is a word that was overused now by everyone, it practically loses the very essence of it's meaning. "I love you" is such a common phrase even if the others doesn't really mean it.

Sadly for me, I was now being sadden by how people usually used these eight letters to take advantage of someone, to make them believe it'll last forever when it doesn't then will find out later from your own girlfriend that this person you would last think to do would be a cheater.

I'd hate to be like Park Jaehyuk. I'd hate to hurt my own girlfriend for two years now. I'd hate to also be bringing her to the wedding of the year.

You are invited to the wedding of Park Jaehyuk and Kim Chowon!

I stared at the invitation. I was aware that it was coming. I didn't want to have to go if Eunjoo would be stress by the secret she held from the bride. But when you were asked by your own mom, over the phone by your wine aunt, mind you, to be the best man, you can never say no.

I tucked the invitation away from her sight as she sat before me. We were in a party actually, a prenuptial one for Jake's own mother and we have to watch him panic over the stepsister in the making he was asked to help around.

Eunjoo was one of the most pretty girls tonight as always in this event and yet after she revealed to me what she knew, there were tears in her eyes.

And I hated it. I hated seeing my girl cry.

"Stop looking at me", she managed to croak out and she earned nothing but a shake of my head as I rolled her seat closer to me.

"How come I never get tired of staring at you?", I asked with a smile and she didn't fight the urge to roll her eyes - one of her most beautiful assets.

"Ask that to yourself. You can never get enough of me since that day in the mall I think", she said and took a long swig of her wine the waiter had handed to us earlier.

"Do not drink too much tonight. I still made a promise with your brother to bring you home at 11", I reminded her and she smiled at the memory of her brother and then took another swig confidently.

"How can I not? If I am so guilty over Chowon's situation", Eunjoo stated then gestured to my half-filled wine glass, "Are you weak to a simple wine drink for tonight?"

I didn't answer as I studied her closer. She is certainly getting drunk, with her cheeks pink and chuckling a bit to herself even if there's nothing funny to our conversation, that was all the sign I should've been alerted back at that night.

But me being me, I allowed my girlfriend to do what she wanted for I always love to support her at everything.

"Well then let's see who can hold out the most before passing out here. I'll pay you money if you win over me", she challenged in her drunken state.

"Not money. You know what I wanted all the time", I said and she nodded. We cheers on our deal and raised our wine glass to our lips.

Ten minutes to the game, I was heavily drunk but I was sober than the prettiest girl in front of me. Many visitors were now leaving with Jake thanking them all for coming in the back gate whilst the girl with him is having the most unsure face from being welcomed into his family.

Eunjoo had now drunk all of the content of the bottle of wine we have in our table.

"Well well.. I see you won", she slurred at me and I nodded.

"Guess I'm a loser after all", she added and laughed out loudly, earning the attention from Ni-ki and Heeseung who were then grabbing their girlfriends away from us.