14

third person pov

third person pov

valerie's dreadful thought of going home was now coming to a reality. for the last couple days she had been at victorias.. and last night she was with ashtray. the last time she had left without asking her mom, she grounded valerie. and well, it had been longer than three days and valerie knew her mom was going to be pissed.

valerie took a deep breathe before opening her front door that was surprisingly unlocked. her dad, also surprisingly, wasn't asleep on the couch. he sat there, the same blanket he always uses, watching some show on tv.

"hey.. where have you been?" he asked her, leaning up a little.

"my friends." she replied, and he nodded with a quiet, "oh.. okay."

luckily, she missed her mom and basically jogged to her room, closing her door behind her. she changed out of her cheer uniform, finally. and once she turned around, maddy was sat on her bed, making her jump. "fuck, maddy!"

maddy would usually laugh at this, but ignored her. "where the fuck have you been, val?"

valerie rolled her eyes, thinking that maybe she missed an argument happening.. but of course not. "victorias."

maddy scoffed, "i saw you leave with fezcos brother after the game."

valerie turned to her, her eyebrows raised slightly. she had thought that no one was around when her and ashtray walked over to fezcos car the night before. and it confused her on why maddy was mad at her.. she assumed her and nate were in an argument and she was just taking it out on her.

"okay.. yeah, i was with ashtray. so?" she said, sitting down on her bed.

"you don't need to be hanging out with him." maddy told her, shaking her head.

valerie opened her mouth, shocked by maddys words. "why the fuck not?"

maddy snapped, raising her voice, "he's a drug dealer, valerie! he's not a good influence!"

never in a million years did valerie think she would be defending ashtray in an argument between her and her sister, but here she was. "you're a bad influence, maddy!"

maddy was taken back, but was getting more annoyed by the second. "what the fuck does that mean?"

"taking me to partys, fucking someone in the pool, trying to smoke with me.. i mean, you can't be much better, maddy." valerie said.

"he's a fucking drug dealer. you could get killed! or he could hurt you, or you could get involved in-." maddy tried to continue, but valerie cut her off.

"oh, and nate's better?"

maddy knew exactly what she meant by that, and it pissed her off even more. "nate lov-." maddy tried to speak again, but valerie cut her off.. again. "loves you, right? someone who loves you would fucking choke you, maddy."