27

again, valerie stood in school, her locker open but she wasn't getting, or putting anything in it

again, valerie stood in school, her locker open but she wasn't getting, or putting anything in it. she felt a presence next to her, and it almost felt like deja vu ad she turned and saw a random boy there.

"hi." the boy greeted her, and valerie's eyebrows furrowed. "hi?" she said, sounding more questionable then welcoming.

"i saw you at the new years party." he told her.

valerie looked at him, trying to see if she remembered ever seeing him, but she didn't. "okay.."

she closed her locker, knowing the bell was going to ring anytime. "what's your name?" he asked her.

"valerie." she responded, pausing the looking him up and down. "what's yours?"

she wasn't stupid, she wasn't going through the same thing she already went through. this time, she would get to know him, and would find out if he had actual good intentions or not.

"daniel, but.. just call me dani." he nodded, crossing his arms. after valerie didn't respond, he talked again. "so, you look like a cool person, wanna be friends?"

valerie scoffed, "are you gonna tell people you fucked me at a park, too?"

daniels face turned visually confused, and he glanced around him before sarcastically replying. "well.. i mean, i don't like pussy so, no?"

that made valerie laugh, before she shook her head. "okay, sorry, yeah."

"yeah you'll be my friend or?" he tilted his head to the side.

valerie nodded, already bringing her phone out of her pocket for him. she chuckled a little at how much this reminded her of when chris came up to her, and she hoped daniel was actually gay, and not just lying to make her think he was a good guy. daniel took her phone with a nod, putting his number in it and then handing it back to her. "thanks, talk to you later!" and walked off.

she made sure to send him a text, that way he knew her number. and then walked off, passing victoria on the way and sending her a wave. the two were still close, but they weren't always together at hip. they didn't hangout as much anymore, but in some ways, it was better. sometimes it still bothered them, since they were once so.. different?

valerie was at her class before the bell rung, making her the first person in there. soon, the rest of the teenagers filled the room and eventually, ashtray walked in. in that class her and ashtray always sat next to each other, so he immediately walked to her and sat down. "yo."

she grinned, "hey."

school went by like usual, and after school valerie went with ashtray, letting maddy now, via text, since she didn't feel like looking for her around the school.

and now, valerie was sat in ashtrays room. the room was only lit up by his bathroom light, so it was kind of dark but valerie like the feeling it put in the room. the house was silent, her and ashtrays conversation pausing as they thought of what to say next. valerie talked to faye more, and fezco even trusted her enough to tell her why faye was staying with them for awhile. which she really appreciated, hoping fezco didn't think wrong of her, since she was involved with nate, even if she didn't want to be.

"hey, had rue been over here? i haven't talked to her in awhile." valerie asked.

"nah, but i seen her on new years." ashtray answered.

"hm." valerie hummed, not remembering seeing her there.

"you know, i think my new favorite song is take care, by drake." valerie turned her head to him.

ashtray smiled a little, "what happen to what makes you beautiful?"

"it's still a good song, i just like take care more at the moment." she shrugged.

"mm." ashtray hummed, before speaking again. "i think mines still novacane."

valerie smiled, she liked how when he liked something, it didn't change for while. after that, a silence filled the room again and her thoughts came back to her. she thought about their talk in the hospital, and how they hadn't talked about the relationship since then. in that moment, she was comfortable and decided, what could go wrong?

"hey, ash?"

again, he turned to her with a hum. "you should be my boyfriend." she blankly stated, catching him off guard, but he didn't make it noticeable. "are you asking me out?" he asked sarcastically, and she shrugged. "yeah."

he pursed his lips, "kind of a boring way to ask, no?"

she rolled her eyes, "like you could do better."

he chuckled, "i was actually going to ask you out in a better way, smartass."

she smiled, gasping dramatically. "really? aw."

he rolled his eyes, "isn't the guy supposed to ask the girl anyway?"

"no, it shouldn't matter." valerie shrugged.

ashtray nodded, not every answering her. he wanted to ask her, he just never had the right moment, and now she asked him.

"so, your answer?" valerie turned her head to him.

he rolled his eyes, grabbing her waist to bring her closer to him. it annoyed him he couldn't do it the way he wanted, but whatever, right? "yeah." and connected their lips.

valerie smiled into the kiss, placing her hands on his chest.

once the two pulled away, valerie laid on his chest, throwing her arm over him. he traced his hand up and down her back, making her get tired.

"i was supposed to go home, ya know." valerie mumbled.

"fuck that." ashtray responded, making valerie chuckle.

the two laid like that, and eventually fell asleep with a smile on her face. for the first time, she was asleep with her boyfriend.

AUTHORS NOTES:

i didn't know how else to do it 😭