Furkids and Pregnancy Hormones

Note:
So glad to see Queen posting some videos of Koko on Naver, and after that we got to see posts about King endorsing a new product – Gold in Thailand! Who would have known that he is really taking the 'gold' seriously in Gold Medalist! So, this chapter is based on these two prompts and not based on a song (though I have been listening to a few songs that gave me a few prompts, but that would be better for other chapters!)

Another surprise for us today when King posted 3 new photos of him on IG, looking suave in white! Definitely a mood booster, giving me the energy to finish this chapter today. XD

Again, this is a Hyunji fanfic, so if you're not comfortable reading about my favourite couple, please do not read. Also, if there are any errors, I apologise.

This chapter is the continuation of the previous chapter.

*****

'Good morning sweetheart, I love you.' The day starts with a greeting and a kiss on her forehead. One that he never failed to do when he wakes up next to her. Ever since she entered his life, sleep had never been better. For her, it was the same.

'Yeppeuda,' he chuckled as he lifted a strand of hair that was plastered on her face and tucked it behind her ear. The day is always off to a great start when his wife is the first thing he sees. He took his time, just gazing at her, basking in the beauty of her pregnancy glow.

He smiles, still high from the celebration last night, or rather, the after event that happened in their bedroom after. Reminiscing the wonders of a new way of intimacy that came with the second trimester of pregnancy.

Waking up next to her every morning is a gift that he will always cherish. Even more so, now that they have a baby coming into their life. It sure was different, but it was nothing to complain about since the first trimester had been hard on her. She experienced morning sickness soon after waking up, disturbing her sleep cycle, thereby reducing the frequency of their lovemaking. But now that she's into her second trimester, she feels less fatigue and morning sickness, allowing the couple to enjoy their mornings together cuddling. And more often than not, those moments of cuddling would lead to a certain type of activity that he missed. These days, he loved how she took the lead in showing that she wants to be intimate with him, usually when she starts to be mischievous, with a sudden peck on his lips, or her hands under his shirt, or even with the gesture he loved the most - when she starts touching his hair with her fingers. Ultimately, he knows that though he yearns for it, totally turned on by the thought of his baby growing in her, he needs to put his wife's needs first and spare a thought on how she is feeling. With a body that is changing, he allowed her to find a position that was most importantly comfortable for her over his own needs. Deep down, he secretly loved those pregnancy hormones.

'How was your sleep? Did baby Moon let you sleep well?' he asked. Yea Ji hummed indicating that she had a good rest. His arms wrapped around her, pulling her body closer to his and he started to rain kisses down her neck. Yea Ji had a collection of adorable sound effects, and his favourite was this special squeak for when she feels tingly from his overpouring of love through his actions. She feels so comfortable as she melts into his embrace. She could smell his masculine scent as she leaned against his chest where she buried her head.

With his palm on his lover's belly, he started talking to his baby, 'Gomawo agi-ya, grow healthily and give Omma an easy time every day. Appa can't wait to see you.' He proceeded to plant kisses on her belly, that houses their baby, a part of it peeking out from the shirt she was wearing.

'Are you excited to see Appa too? I see a part of you peeking out here.' He taps on her belly and continues rattling on and on about how he will bring baby Moon to play bowling and golf, not noticing a familiar figure peeking into the room.

Koko strides into the room, sensing that her owners are awake, she confidently hops up to the bed and starts meowing. She nuzzles her head on Yea Ji's belly and snuggles, making herself comfortable there.

Soo Hyun continues baby-talking to his child in his wife's belly and was about to stroke baby Moon again but this time, he was stopped by Koko who tries to sweep his hand away. He tried once, twice and each time Koko seemed more determined to keep his hand away from Yea Ji's belly to the amusement of her owners.

'Mwoya? Are you protecting your dongseang? But I am the baby's father! Why am I being stopped by you?' Soo Hyun exclaimed. Yea Ji laughed out loud, amused by her husband's reaction.

Hearing the commotion in the room, Manny joins in and hops onto the bed. Looking surprised, Yea Ji commented while teasing her husband, 'Look at what you did, I thought we'd have more time to snuggle in bed, but we have more company now...' Manny instinctively places her head next to her owner's belly.

Soo Hyun trying to understand the situation, with his eyes wide open blurted out 'Ige mwoya? Is there a Team Omma and Team Appa ya?'

Yea Ji couldn't help but chuckle as she witnessed the drama that was happening right in front of her eyes - the interaction between her jealous lover with their possessive furkids.

Soo Hyun whistles and calls out to his dogs Beyonie and Almonie, convinced that the two dogs that have lived with him before marriage would stay by his side. Soon, the white and brown dogs came in and jumped up to their owner. Soo Hyun hugs both of them but as soon as he lets go of them, Beyonie and Almonie make their way to their fellow animal siblings and settle around Yea Ji as well. Their comfortable King-sized bed was now overcrowded, with the King of the house being pushed to the edge of the bed.

'What is this?! I mean, it's such a scene to have my baby protected by four of you! But I'm Moon's Appa!' Soo Hyun faked a cry, sulked and sighed, seemingly resigned to fate. It was heart-warming for him to see how even their pets coming together as a family to take care of their precious little one. He takes in the moment, taking time to take some photos of his lovely wife and his unborn child surrounded by their furkids.

Truth be told, their pets have become more affectionate than ever since Yea Ji got pregnant. In fact, even before early pregnancy signs, their furkids seemed to be able to tell that there would soon be a new human sibling in the family. Koko who is known to be quite aloof and independent suddenly started purring and rubbing herself against Yea Ji's legs. The dogs would be more affectionate towards Yea Ji than usual, following her around and being more protective of Yea Ji.

'Come here, my sulky big baby' she teased, stretching out her hands for an embrace, bringing him back to his place – by her side. 'There's no such thing as Team Omma or Team Appa. There's only one Kim family belonging to the both of us here. That's what you want to tell the world isn't it, when you took up the new endorsement for gold in Thailand? Our Kim family is entering the gold industry now I see. I wonder what your fans will be saying... 'Kim Soo Hyun earning the 'Kim' for the family.' she laughed, holding his face in her hands, lightly tousling the back of his hair with her fingers. He smiled, enjoying the little actions his wife knows he loves most.

'Our furkids are determined to protect our baby, but only you are Daddy Kim.' she smiled and held his hand, putting his hand over her belly. There and then, he felt a flutter.

His face lit up with excitement, as he turns to face his wife seemingly to ask if that was the baby kicking. She nodded, affirming what he just felt. 'Our baby knows who you are. Our furkids may be Moon's protector, but you will be the protector of our family. Thank you, for keeping us safe and always providing for us.' she said, as she pulls him in for a long kiss, one that began softly, slowly gaining passion.

'Jagiya, you know how my shirt can hardly keep my belly in? Looks like I'd have a reason to start wearing your shirts again.' She said between kisses, putting her hand under his shirt, another sign that they would probably not get out of bed anytime soon.

He chuckled, gazing into her eyes while his thumb stokes the pulse in her neck, enjoying intimate moments like this. Removing his shirt in a flash, he said, 'You can have my shirt, but I know you wouldn't need it now. Gosh, I really love these pregnancy hormones! Just don't leave me with a hickey because I've got some photoshoots scheduled for the next few days!' She guffaws at his comment, amazed by the dorkiest comments from her husband. He starts chasing their furkids off their bed and out of their room so that the couple can crawl back under the covers, continue with their activities, and later bask in a warm and fuzzy afterglow.

So, their morning started slow, but happiness starts with love from every member of the Kim family with each new day in the Kim's residence. Breakfast? That can wait.