Put a Ring on it

Note: Missing the couple too much, and this prompt came to mind when I saw the latest photo from Queen of Tears - the side view of handsome Kim Soo Hyun, with a ring on his finger. Just couldn't resist writing something that is in my HyunJi mind and heart. My delulu mind hopes and prays for this to happen! <3 Once again, this is a HyunJi fanfic. If you're not comfortable with it, please look away. Or else, enjoy ◡̈

 Kim Soo Hyun, immersed in the world of "Queen of Tears," found himself living a dual life—one as a charismatic, married legal director of Queens Group caught in the intricate web of drama, and the other as a man deeply in love with his girlfriend, Seo Yea Ji.

The fans, ardent in their admiration, lauded the visual appeal that the ring added to Soo Hyun's charismatic portrayal. They created forums and threads, discussing how the silver band adorned his hand, becoming an extension of his on-screen persona. Little did they know that behind the scenes, the actor had developed a peculiar fondness for the ring, finding comfort in its constant presence. It became a symbolic accessory, not just for his character, but also for the actor himself. Soo Hyun grew accustomed to the weight on his finger, finding a strange comfort in its presence.

As the filming days rolled on, Soo Hyun's immersion into the character and the gripping storyline became more profound. Yet, amidst the hectic filming schedule, Soo Hyun yearned for the presence of someone who meant more to him than any role he played—the love of his life, Seo Yea Ji.

In the few stolen moments between takes, Soo Hyun would glance at the ring on his finger, contemplating a plan that had been brewing in his mind. The desire to ask Yea Ji for her hand in marriage had grown stronger with each passing day. The ring, initially just a prop, seemed to have taken on a life of its own, whispering promises of a future beyond the scripts and cameras.

Finally, the day arrived when their busy lives permitted a precious escape. He carefully orchestrated a surprise for Yea Ji, ensuring that their time together would be as memorable as the characters they portrayed on screen. The location he chose was the secret place he had found—a haven of peace amidst the urban chaos, where both of them could enjoy the soft hues of the setting sun at the tranquil Han River away from the city's hustle and bustle. The riverbanks echoed with the gentle lull of water, creating a serene backdrop for the unfolding romantic moment.

A light breeze rustled through the leaves of nearby trees, creating a whispered melody that accompanied their steps. Soo Hyun's eyes glinted with a mix of nerves and excitement as he guided Yea Ji to a spot where a blanket lay spread out, adorned with flickering candles in delicate glass holders. Soo Hyun couldn't contain the anticipation bubbling within him. He looked at Yea Ji, her eyes reflecting the same love that fueled his every move.The cityscape sparkled in the distance, a symphony of lights painting the horizon as the sun dipped lower. Soo Hyun motioned for Yea Ji to sit, and as they settled onto the soft blanket, he couldn't help but steal a glance at the ring on his finger—the symbol that had become intertwined with both his on-screen character and, now, his real-life emotions.

Seated across from each other, Soo Hyun couldn't contain his anticipation. He toyed with the ring, a subtle smile playing on his lips. "Yea Ji," he began, his voice a gentle melody in the night air, "you know this ring?" He gestured to the silver band on his finger.

A playful smile curved Yea Ji's lips and she raised an eyebrow, "Ah, the famous ring that fans can't stop talking about. You do look good with it on."

"What's got you so intrigued by that ring?" she inquired, a teasing smile forming on her lips.Soo Hyun chuckled, his gaze softening. " Well, you see, it's become a part of me during this show. Fans seem to love it too. Do you think it suits me?"