4

the next day i got woken up my the sound of my landline ringing.
l-,,fuck s sak-'' i say to myself murmuring
g-,,hi luna!!'' it was gwen.
l-,,gwenny its literally nine in the morning and its fucking weekend. what happened?''
g-,,lu,i literally wake up at seven....waking up at ten is YOUR problem.'' she says pissed as i sigh.
g-,,anyways,nothing happened. i just wanted to know if you wanted to come to the park. me and finney are going since dad is at work all day and we might have some other kids come too.''
at first i wanted to refuse since i was so angry she woke me up this early but i remembered the feeling i had yesterday when i realised i may actually be one of the weird kids. i remembered what mom said about my birthday and how i could invite more kids if i wanted to and i felt like i wanted her to know im ok. i had to prove her i have friends and im happy here,in denver.
l-,,fine.what time?''
g-,,twelve o'clock. me and finney will come pick you up ''
l-,,alright,see you then....if i don t fall asleep''
g-,,don t !'' she says laughing,then closing the phone.
i walk out the black framed door as i headed for the bathroom to brush my teeth and take a bath so i did. damn,showers are therapeutic. the cold water running down your back,sending shivers throught your entire body and the feeling you have after, smelling like coconut and vanilla. i took my time getting ready,doing my hair and makeup. usually,i do a natural makeup. not beacause im a natural beauty,but beacause im really lazy and just straighten my hair but today i wanted to be extra so everyone would like my appearance. instead of a natural makeup,i added more highlighter,eyeliner,contour and basically more makeup. i defined my curls with some spray in a golden bottle i found on the bathroom shelf and sprayed parfume before going downstairs. i saw my mom sitting on the couch.
m-,,hi baby''
l-,,hi mama!''
m-,,oh,i didn t know you were going out?''
l-,,yea....i forgot to tell you. gwen called this morning asking me if i wanted to go with her,finney and some kids from school to the park. is that okay?'' i was starting to get nervous,seeing her face. she seemed disappointed i didn t tell her but at the same time it looked like she was thinking.
m-,,you know i don t like this.''
l-,,what?'' i knew exactly what,i just acted stupid.
m-,,the fact that you didn t comunicate me this? but i want you to go out more so im gonna let it slide. just this time''
i felt bad for not telling her but it was a simple mistake.
l-,,thank you so much mum''
m-,,i made breakfast'' she says getting up from the couch.
we ate and chatted as usual until i heard a knock on the door. gwen and finney. i didn t know time passed by so quickly.
l-,,oh my god i got to go''
m-,,its fine. go! i ll see you later''
l-,,bye mom!''
m-,,bye sweetie''
i give her a kiss on the cheek and run to the door,opening it. i look at gwen and finn. they were dressed really nicely. gwen had a purple dress on and her brother had some blue jeans and a polo t shirt. they looked happy.
l-,,hi guys!''
g and f-,,hi luna''
l-,,you both look stunning,honestly. there is something different with your vibe''
f-,,vibe?''
g-,,thats all you. you are glowing,literally.'' she says,spelling the word glowing. gwen was my number one hype girl.
f-,,now that you girls are done with complimenting eachother,can we get going?''
g-,,shut up,bastard!''
l-,,no'' i say,laughing at gwen s reaction.
we actually started walking anyways, since it was almost the time we had to be there at.
l-,,who else did you guys invite?''
g-,, well of course finney INSISTED on calling donna'' she yells,teasing finn.
f-,,that is not even true''
l-,,be for real''
g-,,he really likes donna,just doesn t wanna admit it'' she shrugs.
f-,,again,that phrase is absoluely false.''
g-,,oh yeaa you are right'' ,,donna donna donna'' she repeats looking at me
g-,,donna!!!please give me a kiss'' i took a moment to understand i had to play donna.
l-,,oh my god finney!! you actually like me?? i ve been crushing on you since forever!'' we kiss eachother on the cheek and laugh at finney's annoyed face. it looked like he wanted to push us to the ground and kill us.
f-,,you both stop! what if she hears you?'' man,this kid was worried.
l-,,so he didn t deny it!'' i tease
g-,,of course! i told you so''
f-,,PLEASE! just stop. if one of you gets a boyfriend, im gonna piss you guys off''
l-,,great,then we'll make sure you never find out''
me and gwen laugh as finney keeps a straight face. i could tell he hated us. after we calmed down, i remembered what we were talking about before the donna and finn situation.
l-,,alright. and besides donna,who else is coming?''
g-,,well there is clara''
f-,,what?! i thought you hated her?''
g-,,she s actually pretty nice finn,mind your own business thinking about donna'' he rolls his eyes.
g-,,and robin''
damn.
l-,,THE robin? that helped this weirdo in the bathroom?''
g-,,yeah! i love him for that''
l-,,well really,i despise him. he thinks he s all that''
g-,,luna,you know i love you but that kid...he saved finney s ass not once,but many times! once you get to know him,he is dope!''
f-,,yeah gwen,tell everyone about how i almost got my ass beaten''
g-,,im sorry finn''
l-,,its fine,i wont laugh and neither will i tell anyone''
f-,,promise?''
l-,,promise.'' i answer as we interlock our pinky's,doing out little pinky promise. i sigh.
l-,,still,i don t like his personality. he is not my type of person''
f-,,trust me,today you will get to know him. he gets nicer''
l-,,with that attitude? no way''
g-,,you will see it yourself miss'' she chuckles
the weather was cool so we enjoyed the rest of our way to the park laughing and talking.