Blood

Adira's POV

So much paperwork!

I've been doing paperwork for three hours straight. I need a break. I go to the kitchen and get some snacks, and as I go to my room I get a text.

Mercy: Hey

Me: Hey

Mercy: Do guys wanna go house hunting?

Zoe: Yessss we have to I'm 25 and stay at my mom's.

True, we decided to do this before the war so why not? I need my own space anyway.

Me: Yeah, when should we go?

Mercy: How about in 15?

Me: Sure I need a break anyways.

Zoe: Yeah let's go.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 15 minutes we are all in my car. "So Mercy, where to?" I say starting the car "Drive, I'll navigate you" she says doing something on her phone. "Let's go!" Zoe says enthusiastically.

We reach a building, no, a skyscraper. I've seen this place before. "Have we been here before?" I ask. I turn to Zoe and she shook her head, I turn toward Mercy and she smiles and walks through the revolving doors. We follow her, and as we step into the lobby I get a feeling that we've been here before. The lobby is big with a black, white, and rose gold theme. Mercy leads us to a man. "Hello miss, I'm Raymond I will be showing you around ", and we all shake his hand and follow him to the elevator. I'm so sure I've seen this place before.

We get out on the 22nd floor and Raymond leads us to a door. He looks at me and gestures to the door, as I open the door I'm hit with a wave of memories.

*flashback*

I open door to a beautiful penthouse. As I go inside I get a feeling, a feeling of home "This feels like home" Mercy whispers to me and I nod, " I wanna stay here" Zoe also whispers. There is a huge balcony and the view is beautiful, the view of the bustling city on the side, the sea, and the palace ahead. I go towards the kitchen and can almost imagine the meals cooked and the desserts baked, the mess, and good times. I go to the room and imagine a home office with three desks, a wall full of books (for me), a music system (for Zoe), and a complicated computer set (for Mercy). I go to the living room next and picture movie nights, late-night talks, and mindless dancing.

I go upstairs, and there are four rooms I see that Mercy and Zoe have already picked their rooms Mercy picks the first room, it's big maybe a little too big and there is a window with a beautiful view of the sea and the palace. I can already imagine how this room's aesthetic, purple and a huge computer set. I head to Zoe's room and its structure is like the previous room the difference is that there is no window, I can imagine a green aesthetic, the guitars, the electric piano, and the vinyl records. I go to the room next to Zoe's its small I can imagine a minimalist guest room.

I go to the room next to Mercy's. It's a little smaller than Mercy's, but it's similar but instead of a huge window it's a huge alcove encompassing the whole wall I imagine pushing the bed towards the corner so when wake up I see the calming sea, I imagine reading for hours with the beautiful view.

This feels like home.

*flashback over*

"This is the place we saw before the war," I say. "Our dream house," Zoe says. Mercy smiles and says "We couldn't afford it then but now we can, my business is going well," that's an understatement, she is a fucking millionaire, "you both got huge pay raises with your positions." "But how is this place still available," I say. "Luck," Raymond says "this place was almost bought a few times but something always comes up, I believe this place was made for you three and if you guys want you can sign the lease right now."

We look at each other and all had the same response "yes" we said in unison. "I'll bring the paperwork," Raymond says as he leaves.

After the formalities are done we spend the next week choosing and ordering furniture. Two weeks later our penthouse is a home.

We call our parents over and have a housewarming party.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm on the field. I've been shot in the arm I get up and see Aaron bleeding.

Blood.

I run to him and see that he's been shot in the chest. I apply pressure on the wound but it doesn't stop. Why isn't it stopping? "Please stay with me. Please." I say my voice rough, my eyes burning. "I don't want to die Adi. I don't want to die" he says. "Don't speak, save your breath" I say applying pressure. "I want to be married, I wanna have kids, I want to see them grow up, I don't wanna die." He says again. "shh calm down," I say. His eyes start to close " no stay awake, okay, please stay awake" I say frantically "so sleepy, so" he says his eyes closing "no, no, no stay awake" I say tears running down like rain "prom- promise me you'll do- do the things I wanted to. Prom- promise me" he says "I promise. Just stay awake".

His eyes close.

"Aaron, Aaron, no, no, no, wake up, wake up!" I scream.

No. no. Not another one. No .no .no.

My eyes open. It was a dream, a memory.

I have had these ever since I came back. My therapist has been helping me.

I check the time. Seven. I freshen up, get some coffee and drown myself in work.

Name: Aaron wells

Status: deceased

Reason for injury or death: a bullet to the chest.

Next of kin: Caleb Greene (fiancé)

Details. Details. Sign.

I stop at his paperwork. He was one of the best soldiers I knew.

I check the time: 10:15.

And as if on cue the doorbell rang I go outside to see that Zoe and Mercy still having breakfast. I shake my head and go to the door. It's a royal messenger "This is are invitations for General Adira Carnell, vice Zoe Evans and miss Mercy Colt" he says as he hands me three letters. "Thank you," I say as he moves to go to the next house. He smiles, tipping his head. I close the door and walk inside "who was it?" I hear Mercy asks from the kitchen, "the royal messenger" I say as sit with them and give them their letters. I start reading it out.

HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN INVITES YOU GENERAL ADIRA CARNELL TO THE

CORONATION CEREMONY AND BALL OF HRH CASPIAN BLACKWOOD

ON THE 1ST OF NOVEMBER.

TIMINGS: 10 AM (CORONATION)

7 PM (BALL)

DRESSING: FORMAL/UNIFORM (CORONATION)

GOWNS AND SUITS (BALL)

YOUR ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY.

This is in two weeks!

A/N

Hi guys I hope you liked it. The next chapter will be Caspian's POV. I hope you're excited for the next chapter.