chapter two

chapter two

"This is your sixth full-length album, and since you want to do a mix of Korean and English songs, then you need to be in the studio more often than before, Hiah," My manager, Jisoo, said.

I murmured at his words. "Sure, of course, it's not like I have anything else to do at the moment," I said.

I was currently in the recording studio working on my sixth full-length album since I was on maternity leave. My label, The Labal Agency, thought I should work on the album with my schedule being so accessible due to my pregnancy.

Jisoo shook his head.

"Okay, so you have eight out of fourteen songs recorded, so which one would you like to record next?" My producer Jay The Best questioned me.

"I think I should record my lead single, Boys Don't Cry," I answered.

Jay smiled.

"Good choice, I have the perfect best for it," He said as he turned to the soundboard and pressed a button, and the instrumental started playing.

"Oh, that's nice," Jisoo said.

"Yeah, it's perfect, okay. Let's record the first verse, then the pre-chorus," I said as I walked into the booth.

I pulled out my phone and opened my notes where I wrote the lyrics for Boys Don't Cry. I place the headphones on and waited for Jay to give me the signal to start singing.

Jay waved his hand and then, I began to sing.

[Verse 1]

Sometimes I call you when I can't sleep alone
Now you keep asking me what that means, oh no
In your feelings, I can feel it
You're in your feelings, you won't admit it but
That's why I push you away from me
'Cause I know, I know

Then Jay stops the music and plays back the first verse for me to hear it and critic it.

"I like it," I said.

Jay nodded.

"Let's record the pre-chorus," I said.

Jay plays the music, and I start singing again.

[Pre-Chorus]

It drives you crazy, try to tame me
But nobody's taking control all over me

Then Jay stops the music again and plays back it for me to hear it and critic it.

"Let's record that again," I said as I didn't like that let crack my voice did when I sang nobody's taking.

Jay nods and plays the music again.

[Pre-Chorus]

It drives you crazy, try to tame me
But nobody's taking control all over me

And the process continues for nearly forty-eight minutes of me singing then listening to the verses and criticizing and fixing them before I'm satisfied with the whole song.

Then I finally recorded the outro, and the song was completed.

[Outro]

Who says they don't cry?
Who says boys don't cry?

"You did good," Jisoo said as I walked the booth.

"You liked it?" I asked him.

Jisoo smiles and nods.

"Yes, this is entering the hot 100 for sure," Jisoo answered.

"I hope so," I said.

Ho-seok entered the room, and I smiled.

"Oh, hey, what are you doing here?" I asked Ho-seok.

I stood up, and we bowed slightly to each other before hugging.

"I heard you were recording here, so I came to catch up with you," Ho-seok answered.

Ho-seok and I have been friends since he was part of a project group called Nu Boyz, along with labelmates #Gun, Shownu, and Joohoney. In the music industry, I'm considered a senior to him, but he's older than me by a couple of months, but we are very close, and he's like a big brother to me.

"Yeah, I haven't seen you in like forever, Ho-seok, the twins miss your ramen," I said as I rubbed my belly.

Ho-seok looked down and smiled at my baby bump before rubbing it.

"Wow, it's grown since I last saw you, and I've been busy working," Ho-seok said.

We took a seat on the couch, and my producer and manager stepped out to give us privacy.

"So, what have you been up to? Are you here to check up on me and report back to Hyun-woo?" I asked him.

"Work, and I want to check up on you, but I'm telling Hyun-woo too," He answered.

I shook my head.

"He's going to be the death of me," I said.

Ho-seok chuckled.

"You're his world, and you've always been; it doesn't matter that you are not having his kids, but he will treat them like they are his kids," Ho-seok said.

"I know; you think I should have asked him for his sperm instead?" I asked Ho-seok.

Ho-seok nodded.

"Yes," Ho-seok answered.