The Proposal

The DuBois family were enjoying their Christmas supper when Thomas DuBios tapped his drink. Everyone brought their attention to him.

Tom was holding up the glass. "I want to dedicate this toast to my beautiful daughter and wife for preparing this delightful feast. I love you with all my heart." He said as Jazmine and Sarah smiled.

"And that wonderful grandson of mine, Sebastian. I love you and I'm extremely proud of you. To his lovely girlfriend Nina Freeman. I want to thank you for spending this Christmas with us and we hope you continue to in the future " Tom DuBois exclaimed as they shared a toast and everyone shared their appreciation.

"Thanks Grandpa, I love you more" Sebastian said how he stood to embrace Tom who cried in tears.

Nina was touched by it, she wasn't accustomed to seeing so much affection in one night. Her first impression of Sebastian's grandparents. There were the friendliest people she had ever met. She understood where Jazmine's personality came from. Like Jazmine, Tom DuBois was super sentimental, intelligent and cheerful. He seems very family oriented. He adored his wife. She could tell he was deeply in love with her. He was handsome with caramel skin and brown eyes. He had some wrinkles and grays, but he looked healthy for his age.

The grandmother, Sarah DuBois, resembled Jazmine the most. Even at her old age. She was gorgeous and dressed in elegance. She was a tall, short white-haired woman with blue eyes. She seemed like a very calm, collective person. By the way, she carried herself. Nina can say that she was organized and well-kept.

When dinner was complete, they moved into the living room. Where they played Christmas games and opened more presents.

Sebastian was under the impression that the time was perfect for his next move. He announced that he had a special gift that he wanted to share with Nina. He grabbed Nina's hand and led her to the front of the room with the fireplace next to the Christmas tree.

Nina stood in front of him as she watched him in confusion as he took out a huge gift box beneath the Christmas tree. Everybody laughed as they watched Nina open the gift box to reveal a new one. With each box, it opened. A a smaller sized box was revealed.

When Nina finally broke through the last box. It was about the size of her palm. Sebastian put his hand on the box and looked at Nina.

"They say the greatest gift you can offer to your loved one is unconditional love and acceptance. " He said nervously as Nina smiled. " But the greatest gift I've ever received was having you in my life.

"Awe baby" Nina said Sebastian went ahead.

"Nina, Since the day"

" don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need (and I)
Don't care about the presents underneath the Christmas tree
I don't need to hang my stocking there upon the fireplace
Santa Claus won't make me happy with a toy on Christmas Day

Jazmine's face turned red when the ringer on her phone went on, disturbing the moment. She panicked as she struggled to find her phone that played Mariah Carey's all i want for Christmas is you.

I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you
You, baby

Everyone looked at her as she finally found her phone. She laughed nervously, "Sorry," she said, without looking at the caller ID. She silenced her phone, turning it off completely.

"Hem!, Please continue! " Jazmine said, feeling embarrassed.

Nina covered her mouth to conceal her laugh.

Sebastian, who seemed quite annoyed, sighed deeply as he went on.

"Nina" he said her name one more time, but all of a sudden, the doorbell rang.