The Cookout part 2

Sebastian was never the introverted type. He is very outgoing, outspoken, and he enjoys meeting new people.

Nevertheless, when Sebastian and his mother walked into the Freeman's residence, he felt that overwhelming feeling of anxiety. There were approximately 30 people inside, which included Nina's great aunt and uncles, cousins, and random children who frequently ran past him.

Not to mention, he was carrying hot food in his arms thanks to his mother. Junior, who was walking ahead of him, leading them towards the kitchen.

:

Jazmine couldn't help but notice the stares she had been receiving since she entered. Men were giving her hungry looks while women were looking at her with rotten ones. She didn't know how many times she had heard a low whistle or the word "Goddamn!" when she walked passed.

She felt like prey in the jungle.

It's a good thing she had Huey behind her.

:

Huey noticed the attention Jazmine was receiving as he walked behind her. Every now and then, he would have to glare a little harder at them. It was expected for them to act crazy. Jazmine was a very attractive woman and the men in his family were like a pack of  wolves.

Despite his current situation, if any of them act crazy tonight, he was prepared to get out of character if he had to.

:

As they finally found their way to the kitchen, Cindy was the first to notice them. Her bright blue eyes broadened and she immediately looked at Jazmine, whose face glowed with excitement.

"Hey, Sebastian! I see you finally made it! "Cindy exclaimed.

Sebastian laughed a bit" Our apologies for showing up late. There was traffic along the way "

"It's alright baby boy! You here now that all that matters" Cindy said.

She gazed at Jazmine. "You must be Sebastian's mother. I'm Cindy, Nina's aunt, "she came forward.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Cindy. I'm Jazmine" Jazmine said, introducing herself. "I made a some food trays for the guest, if that's alright with you? "

"Oh yeah? What you make? " Cindy asked curiously.

Jazmine touched her chin. "Um.. Let me see. Baked Mac and cheese, potato salad, seafood salad, Jack Daniels wings, and shrimp skewers. " She explained. "The shrimp is marinated. All you need to do is cook on the grill for 2-3 minutes on each side and it should be done"

"Aw, shit. You hooked a sista up. I was feeling bad that I didn't make any sides. I appreciate it, boo," Cindy said gratefully.

"No problem. Thank you for having us" Jazmine said, smiling at her.

"Sorry to interrupt y'all little introduction, but where can we put this. My arms are starting to hurt" Junior complained.

Cindy laughed " Son don't play. You know it goes on the table next to the grill. Why don't you men go out there and set the food up. Huey, could you tell Riley to put those shrimp skewers on the grill, please? " She asked Huey.