The Cookout Part 1

"Okay, this isn't so bad" Nina said as she observed the backyard setting which was decorated with soft colors of white purple and silver .

Since she found out about her engagement party, she took matters into her own hands. She brought a lot of decorations to suit the occasion.

She even brought customized candy bars with her and Sebastian's name on it.

After approximately two hours of decorating, she finished her final touches. Overall, She was satisfied with the final look. Not to mention, it was a particularly a warm sunny day which was uncommon since it was winter season.

"Girl, you finna start getting dressed. It's 3:30 " Cassie said as she approached her.

"I was planning on getting ready around 4:00 since the party starts at 5:00," Nina recalled.

"True, but we told everybody else to come at 3 because we knew they would be late." She said. "They probably on their way now and I don't want nobody seeing you until I get your face beat" Cassie said, referring to the fact that she was doing her hair and makeup.

"I understand, but there's still a few touches I wanted to take care of" Nina mentioned.

Cassie looked around " Bye girl. This backyard look like a whole wedding ceremony. It's perfect, Go get dressed. I'll ask Rashad and Jermey to blow up some more balloons," she said in reference to her two younger brothers.

Nina sighs" Fine, I'll go hop in the shower and then once I'm dressed, I'll call you up" 

"Okay boo, go upstairs and get ready " Cassie said, sounding like her mother.

Nina looked up, "OK, OK," she said on the way in. She passed by the kitchen where her aunt Cindy was preparing the food with her little cousins who were helping her.

"Niece, why aren't you dressed yet?" replied Cindy.

"I'm on my way to get dressed now Auntie" Nina said.

"Okay, let me know if you need anything. Is Cassie still doing your hair and make-up? " She asked.

"Yes. She just reminded me about it" Nina chuckled a bit.

"She isn't trying to charge you is she?" Cindy asked seriously.

Nina shook her head. "I offered to pay her, and she said no."

"Great, 'cause I didn't raise no selfish ass bitches. Y'all family. There is no reason to spend all your money when you have a cousin that can do it for free," said Cindy.

"Did you remind Sebastian to pick up some can sodas?" She randomly asked.

"Yes, Auntie, I did" Nina said.

"Good is his mother still coming?" Cindy asked.

"Yes, he's bringing his mother," Nina confirmed.

A bright smile appeared on Cindy's face " Awe that's great, I can't wait to meet her, " she said, trying to conceal her excitement.

Nina smiled "Yeah. You'd love her, she's incredible," she says frankly.

"I'm looking forward to it, now go get ready. Ima tell your uncle Riley to start the grill. It should all be ready by 4:30, " she says.