chapter 2

fog

Changbin leaned back deeper into the seat. He looked up at Jisung and raised one eyebrow. 

As soon as Jisung made eye contact with him, everything went black for a moment. He shivered. When he was in control of his body again, the spongy feeling from the LSD was gone. All that remained was the warmth which he nestled against on autopilot. 

Changbin knew what Jisung was thinking. Jisung could read it in the nasty grin on his lips. He could feel it on his hands, telling him to stop. Jisung leaned down toward him at the sign.

 "We're leaving," Changbin said. His breath brushed against the shell of his ear. His perfume was once again invading Jisung's circulation. Jisung silently obeyed the statement. 

He swayed from one foot to the other to the music while Changbin emptied his glass in one go. The next second, an arm was around his waist, Changbin was pulling him toward the exit. Jisung's favorite song began to play. He looked to Changbin. "Can we maybe...?" he asked, tugging on his sleeve. "No pretty boy." Period. No room for discussion. 

Did Jisung really need it that badly? Jisung stumbled, unable to keep up with the fast pace Changbin had. "Please wait..." But his words were no more than whispers under the music now blaring loudly in his ears again. Perhaps too loud. 

They climbed the first step toward the plateau. Jisung concentrated on the smooth cold feeling under his feet. Wait, what?

 He had forgotten his shoes. 

"Changbin!" The latter was by now one step ahead of him. 

"Changbin..." They were now at the top. Jisung thought. If he stopped... maybe he would just forget him here? 

"Sir?" he tried one last time; not loud enough. They reached the black hallway.

 Jisung slowed down. The more Changbin got away from him, the longer the hallway seemed to get. Changbin walked through the door without him. 

Jisung felt sick. Everything began to spin. He staggered, barely finding his footing on the tiles before he slowly slid to the floor. What is this, what's happening here? Come on. He closed his eyes. He exhaled shakily, feeling as if ants were moving over his legs. Trying to get up again, his gag reflex reacted. 

Before Jisung could puke, however, Changbin stood before him. He knew this without opening his eyes. "Shit..." Jisung cursed under his breath. But the look the Man gave him from above wasn't really a relief from the nauseating feeling in his body.

 "Stand up pretty boy." Changbin held out his hand to him. Jisung had no choice but to accept it and be pulled up. He was like paralyzed as they walked out of the hallway, which was slowly shrinking back to its normal size. 

The cold of the night was the last thing that bothered Jisung. Still, his body reacted with every breath of wind, with every small stone that poked through his socks, and with every little sound; he shrank a tiny bit inside himself. 

Jisung's teeth chattered against each other. He stared at the back of Changbin's tight shirt. They stopped a good distance from the club. "Stupid thing." Changbin turned around. 

No matter what happened, Jisung almost fell against his chest. Changbin's hands pulled him close. Slowly, he grew warmer. 

The street was deserted. Jisung looked into his eyes. The brown brought him comfort. It seemed like it was the first time he could breathe in the fresh night air. "You can't go on without me," Changbin said. A street light must have shone directly into his eyes; they briefly reflected Golden.