chapter 5

no choice

Once inside the apartment, Jisung huddled in the bedroom. He watched the umbrellas run along the sidewalk. 

He was empty. All the last few hours blurred into a scary smoke. Except for Minho, none of the faces were clear anymore. His feet froze. His clothes were damp. 

And besides, he knew Changbin's gaze was on him. The latter was sitting on the bed and looking down at him. They had been sitting like this since they got here. 

"What is this?" Jisung asked without taking his eyes off the window. "What the fuck is this?" He asked louder now, clutching his legs.

 "I'm a god," Changbin said bluntly. "You are doomed to spend the rest of all your time with me until the universe dies." 

Jisung began to cry again. "You're terrible." 

But Changbin continued, emotionless. "You are dependent on me like a drug addict and cocaine. I control your body, your emotions, your thoughts." 

Jisung didn't know how he suddenly found himself sitting next to Changbin. But he knew it was his fault. He shook with fear. 

"And from now on, my name is just Dionysus." 

Jisung searched his face for something, just a single bit of humanity. There's no reason to fight him anymore. He could feel his whole body gravitate to this man, even though his mind was still fighting against it. 

"Why...why me?" he brought out. And he got the answer he wanted to hear. 

"You are different. You're what I've been looking for, for years." The god put a hand around his face. He was so tender all at once. Jisung felt the distance between them. This was going to be hell. 

"I will take care of you. No one touches what is mine. Nothing will ever happen to you." 

"That's the least you could do if I'm forced to do this," Jisung muttered between his tears and snot, smiling a bit. Changbin-I mean Dionysus-laughed softly. He spread his arms. 

Jisung saw that he had no other option and leaned against his chest. He did not hug him back. But he let the muscular arms hold and warm him. 

Jisung realized that he would never be the same person he was. He would never again have the same dreams, desires, and family that he once had.