chapter 3

Typically, Jisung was always the type of person who woke up before his partner of the night. And then made a run for it. Typically. 

In actual fact, he was lying in a hard, cold but strangely comfortable bed. Shit... shit shit shit. Jisung stared at the ceiling. He couldn't move. None of his limbs obeyed the screams coursing through his body. The muscular arm around his chest seemed to crush him, even though Changbin seemed asleep. He snored, loudly. 

Jisung turned his head to the pillow and examined the surroundings, but nothing could help him in this situation. Well, what was really going to help? 

Jisung's stomach grumbled. Not because he was hungry. No Jisung didn't feel hungry when he laid his eyes on Changbin. He wanted to retch. He wanted to run. 

Changbin stared into his eyes. As if he had never slept. As if he could feel his anxiety pounding in his chest. 

"Morning," Changbin said. 

"Morning," Jisung beeped back. 

Changbin sat up with a jerk and stretched his arms upward. That was the most humane thing Jisung had ever seen him do. "Relax pretty boy." Changbin smirked. Jisung drew his eyebrows together. He wished he could wipe that stupid smile off Changbin's face. Of course, he couldn't.

It even took too much energy for him to sit up so he could lean against the headboard. Why? What had happened yesterday was that he suddenly found himself in the body of an old man.

 And Jisung knew it wasn't because of sex. Yes, it was a great night and yes, it was probably the best cock Jisung had ever had, but he had enough stamina and experience. That couldn't be the reason. 

Jisung didn't have time to think about it because the man threw clothes on the bed. A nice gesture? Changbin and a nice gesture? Wow. Changbin circled the bed until he was as close to Jisung as he could get. "Go change, I'll fix you something to eat." His voice and facial features fell into a gentle harmony. A theatrical play. Jisung saw in his eyes that there wasn't much to get out of Changbin in terms of affection. 

But Jisung didn't complain when his hair was brushed and his bones grew lighter. The door fell shut behind Changbin. 

Only then did Jisung pull the blanket off himself. Jisung sighed. "Damn..." 

He let his legs hang over the edge of the bed. Leaving this comfort felt like leaving the normal world as he knew it. A feeling his whole body was rejecting. 

At least the brown corduroy pants and the white, low-cut long-sleeved shirt were comfortable. The young man wandered around the room. His arms crossed in front of his chest, and barefoot, he trudged from the glass wall to the door, the bed, and the closet. Jisung found something worth seeing in everything. 

He stood in front of the window for half an hour, staring outside. His hands tightened around his forearms as a small tepid wave of goosebumps and nausea rippled through his body. 

With a half-baked plan in his head, he headed for the door. Jisung followed the noisy gut feeling until the red alarm bells in his head began to howl. That's how he found Changbin in the kitchen.

 There was a bag of McDonald's on the counter. Great. This was the healthy, nutritious breakfast he had been craving. 

Changbin sat across from him, but he didn't spare Jisung a look. Meanwhile, he stared at the phone hanging on the wall. 

The weird burger with fake scrambled eggs was flabby. Jisung washed it down with the nasty coffee. His plan ran through his head again as he finished eating. He would ask if he could leave now. He would make it seem as natural as possible. No one wanted things to get any more uncomfortable than they already were. 

And Jisung was sure that he would never ever want to enter this apartment again, sober at least.

 "Changbin, say..." Jisung gulped. His gaze found his own hands, which he was kneading in an irrational pattern. He couldn't really explain why his breathing was so shaky.

 Deep inhales and exhales Jisung, in andddd out. 

Even though Changbin had not given an answer, Jisung wanted to continue. He didn't get around to it, though. 

The phone rang. 

Suddenly Changbin jumped out of his chair and sprinted to the receiver. 

"So, was everyone successful?" 

Silence. 

"Perfect, I'm on my way." 

Then he hung up. He blew past Jisung toward the door. "Come on, get up. We're leaving." 

"No?" Jisung winced, the answer shooting out his mouth faster than he could think.

 He heard Changbin laughing from down the hall. A hearty laugh. "That wasn't a question. Now get moving, we don't want to miss the event of the year."