TEN.

( the party ! )

HARGREEVES

Slughorn's Christmas Party was only a few minutes away, but she had no one to be with, since Draco refused her invitations. Her last encounter with the Malfoy boy confused her, and she didn't know why he was suddenly pushing her away. Her gut feeling tells her he's hiding something from her, only that she didn't know what.

Halia was currently in her dormitory, having a closet crisis. She didn't know what to wear at the party, and Luna had already left earlier than she did, leaving her all alone with her indecisiveness. She was going to the same party, as she was invited by Potter. 

After rummaging through her clothes, mix matching clothes-- Halia was able to settle with a sleeveless, cerulean blue sheer dress that reached her knees. She paired it with a white, knitted cardigan to maintain a conservative look. She had her dark, brown hair curled into waves, and tied half of it up.

Halia smiled at herself in the mirror, as she hadn't really been pampering herself in a while. then found herself wishing that Draco changes his mind the last minute. Halia was used to Draco's moods. He was naturally emotional, even as a child. This time, however, it didn't feel like it was simply his moods-- it felt something much deeper than that.

"I've had enough of you." Uttered Draco, looking right into her eyes. His stormy, grey eyes looked emptier than ever, and his tone was cold and harsh. He stared at her for a moment, before walking to the other side of the corridor, leaving her speechless.

"Get it together," Halia muttered to herself, as she remembered their last interaction. She took a deep breath, before grabbing her purse and leaving the dormitory.

On her way to the venue, Halia noticed a certain curly-haired boy on his way to the Gryffindor Common Room. He was dressed in a fine, all-white suit, with two buttons of his shirtsleeves unbuttoned. She stifled a laugh, wondering why someone would dress extravagantly only to be in another house's common room.

"Theo!" Halia called, catching his attention. She saw him smile then ran to her, "What's going on there?" She asked, referring to why he was going to the Gryffindor Common Room, "And what's with this?"

Theodore Nott laughed, running his finger through his brown hair, "Looking good, Lia." He complimented her, "It's the Gryffindor celebration for winning the Quidditch earlier." Halia titled her head in confusion. She had been thinking about what Draco said, that she forgot about the Quidditch match that everyone was looking forward to. "I wanted to party, and y'know.. Not look like an evil Slytherin in there."

She and Nott had been reconnected again, after years of no communication. It was all thanks to the single class that they shared; Potions. Looking at him now, he looked fit to be someone she could bring to the Christmas Party. "Fuck that," She told him, "What if you join me in another party?" She asked, hoping he'd say yes.

Theodore's face lit up in delight, "Is that even a question? Let's go." He said giddily, grabbing her wrist and they ran through the halls together.

✧✧✧

When they arrived at the party, it was lively; music echoed around the room, and chatters from students filled the air. Halia glanced at Theodore beside her, who seemed to be delighted that he was with her. It had been a really long time since she's seen him happy-- excited, even. He was one of the people she knew who struggled so much from the expectations of his bloodline. She smiled at the sight of him, but at the back of her head, she wished that it was Draco who was with her at the moment.