𝟬𝟬𝟱 . . . 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗻

↳ chapter three: holly, jolly

- - -

Right after Nina told them about Will, the boys quickly went to the table. Nine looked at El who was busy inspecting the supercomm before looking up at Mike who started talking, "We just tell our parents we have AV Club after school. That'll give us at least a few hours for Operation Mirkwood."

Lucas looked at Nina for a while before looking back at Mike, "You seriously think that the weirdo knows where Will is?

Mike nodded, "Just trust me on this, okay?"

"Okay."

"Did you get the supplies?" Mike asked and Lucas opened his backpack, "Yeah."

Taking out a bunch of things from his bag, Nina gets up and stood next to Mike, "Binoculars... from 'Nam. Army knife... also from 'Nam. Hammer, camouflage bandana... and the wrist rocket."

He showed the boys a slingshot with a proud smile and Dustin retorted, "You're gonna take out the Demogorgon with a slingshot?"

Lucas looked at him, "First of all, it's a wrist rocket. And second of all, the Demogorgon's not real. It's made up. But if there is something out there, I'm gonna shoot it in the eye..." Lucas pulled the rubber back and let it bounce back which startled them, "...and blind it."

He proudly nodded his head and Nina chuckled. She then turned to Dustin as Mike looked at him, "Dustin, what did you get?"

Dustin smirked before picking up his backpack and tilting it upside down which a bunch of food appeared on the table, "Well, alrighty." He said and put down his back.

"So, we've got... Nutty Bars, Bazooka, Pez, Smarties, Pringles, Nilla Wafers, apple, banana, and trail mix." Dustin said and Nina eyed the snacks with wide eyes.

"Seriously?" Lucas asked.

Dustin smiled, "We need energy for our travels. For stamina. And besides, why do we even need weapons anyway? We have them." Dustin points his thumbs at the girls.

"She shut one door! And this one... we didn't even know she had superpowers or not!" Lucas exclaimed.

"With her mind!" Dustin added and Lucas rolled his eyes.

"Are you kidding me? That's insane! Imagine all the other cool stuff she could do. Like..." Dustin walked towards the sofa and picked up a giant spaceship toy, "I bet... that she could make this fly!"

Dustin turned to Eleven who was busy inspecting the supercomm with a smile, "Hey. Hey. Okay, concentrate. Okay?" He let go of the toy and it fell with a clatter.

The other boys let out a sigh as Dustin picked them up again, "Okay, one more time." He let go of the toy again and it fell.

Nina raised both of his brows again as Dustin picked them up again, "Okay. Use your powers, okay?" He asked El who ignored him and Nina hold back a laugh.