𝟬𝟯𝟳 . . . 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀

↳ chapter five: the flayed

- - -

After the incident, the group was staying in the Wheeler's basement. The group had already changed their clothes from the night to a new one.

Nina was leaning her head straight as she didn't want it to hurt her bruised neck when she looked at Eleven who had a scarf around her eyes.

Nina had switched the tv on with her powers as it showed Eleven in the Void. The party furrowed their brows as they saw Hopper appeared not far from Eleven.

The girl then stated, "I found him."

"Where is he?" Mike asked and they all stared at Hopper walking beside Joyce in the woods, "That looks like the woods." Lucas pointed out and Max frowned, "Woods?"

"He's with... Joyce?" El spoke up, tilting her head to the side in confusion and Will walked towards the tv as he stared at his mother, "Mom... What is he doing with mom? What are they doing?"

The party looked at Eleven who muttered out a word, "Ill... annoy. They're going to Ill-annoy." She proclaimed and Mike's voice boomed through the stairs, "Mike! Breakfast!"

"Not now, Mom!" The boy yelled back before looking at Eleven, "Illinois? Illinois, like the state?"

"The state of Illinois?" Lucas questioned.

El took off her scarf and the tv instantly went black. She then looked at the boy who was sitting with Nina on the couch and nodded her head, "Ill-annoy." The girl repeated and the group sighed.

They all then sat by the couches and Nina looked at Eleven who hugged her legs, "You okay?" She asked her sister who gave her a sad look, "Am I okay? Are you okay?"

El looked at Nina's bruised neck as she gave her a soft smile, "I'm fine. Just need some ice."

Lucas looked at his girlfriend and stood up, "Let me take them for you."

Nina smiled at her boyfriend and chuckled, "Thanks, Lucas." The girl looked at him as he climbed up the stairs before letting out a sigh.

"Does it still hurt?" Max took a seat next to the girl and Nina shrugged, "Only when I talk."

"Well, it's a good thing you're not Mike, then. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. And you'd be in constant pain." Max stated and the three girls laughed.

Then, Lucas walked towards his girlfriend with a towel filled with ice in his hand.

"Here." Nina stood up with the help of Max and Eleven before planting a kiss on his cheek, "Thanks, Lucas."

"C'mon. Let me patch you up in the bathroom." Max offered as she held the brunette's hand and Nina nodded her head.

The three girls entered the bathroom while the three boys stood near the stairs as Mike complained, "Something's not right. I can't get Hopper off my back all summer, now all of a sudden, he's hiking with Joyce to Illinois?"