𝟬𝟯𝟯 . . . 𝗯𝗼𝘆𝘀 𝘀𝘂𝗰𝗸𝘀

↳ chapter three: the case of missing lifeguard

- - -

After the incident at the Mall, the three girls decided to spend the night at the cabin, inside Nina's bedroom since El doesn't want anything to be reminded of Mike. Now, all three of them were laying on Nina's bed as they read the magazines and comic books that they bought from the mall.

"Ooh, this is Ralph Macchio, right?" Nina raised an eyebrow, holding a magazine with the actor's face on it and Max let out a chuckle, "Yeah, how do you know?"

Nina shrugged her shoulder before sitting crisscrossed on the bed, "Lucas tells me who he is while we were watching Karate Kid." She answered and Max chuckled, "Oh, sick."

"M-Macchio?" El looked at the two with a frown and Max nodded her head before showing the girl the magazine in her hand, "He's the Karate Kid. Hai-yah!"

The girl mimicked the actor's action and Nina let out a chuckle. Max then looked at Eleven who was staring at the actor, "He's so hot, right? I bet he's an amazing kisser, too." She stated dreamily before letting out a sigh.

"Hey, uh... is Mike and Lucas a good kisser?" The redhead looked at Nina and Eleven.

Nina shrugged her shoulder, as she flipped the pages of the magazine, "And by good kisser, you meant he did it right... yeah, I guess you can say that."

Max nodded her head and looked at Eleven who sighed, "I don't know. He's my first boyfriend."

"Ex-boyfriend." Max corrected her and the girl nodded her head, "Right."

Nina wrapped her left arm around the short-haired girl, "Hey, don't worry about it. Okay? He'll come back." Nina stated.

Max let out a chuckle as she agreed, "Yeah, he'll come crawling back to you in no time, begging for forgiveness. I guarantee you, he is, like, totally wallowing in self-pity and misery right now. He'll be like, 'Oh, I hope she takes me back'."

The girl mimicked Mike's voice and Nina continued, "And Lucas probably be like, 'Serves you right'."

The three of them laughed and Mike let out a sigh, "God, what I wouldn't give to see his stupid face."

Nina and El glanced at each other with a knowing look and Max furrowed her brows at them, "What is it? You guys knew that I can't read minds like you both, right?" She crossed her arms and Nina gave her a naughty smile, "You know... I think I know a way we can see those stupid faces."

- - -

"Is this really gonna work?" Mike spoke up, looking at Nina and El who were sitting crisscrossed on the floor in front of the tv in the living room.

Both girls had a scarf covering their eyes as they held their hands. Nina then raised her hand towards the tv and conjure its power. The tv switched on by itself and Max's eyes widened, "Holy shit, this is insane."