𝟬𝟬𝟵 . . . 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘀

↳ chapter five: the flea and the acrobat

- - -

"This is the gate to the Upside down. Inside, is the boy and also the creatures." Dr. Brenner announced, showing the girl in front of him pictures of the gate. "We have just heard a sound that has been altered from Shepard's recording. It's a growling sound coming from the Upside Down."

Dr. Brenner pushed a button from the radio and a growling sound was heard. Nineteen raised her eyebrows.

"As you already know, this place was created by a massive amount of energy that more than humans are currently capable of creating, to open up some kind of tear in time and space, and then... create a doorway." He continued before showing a picture of Eleven looking at the camera with a machine gear placed on her head.

"But luckily, we have Eleven to thank as she had opened the gate for us," Papa said and smiled as he saw the girl's eyes lit up at Eleven's picture.

He then put his hand on top of the girl who turned to look at him, "With a gift as good as yours, my daughter. I need you to enter the gate." He announced and Nineteen's eyes went wide.

Dr. Brenner then sighed, "Yes... knowing the existence of those creatures, most of the scientists that had to enter the wall died. Luckily, we have your gift to back up that statement." He sat on the table and held the girl's hands tightly, "I want you to kill that creature. And get the boy for us."

Dr. Brenner looked Nineteen in the eyes, "Do you think you can do that?"

- - -

"It would take a lot of energy to build a gate like this," Mike speak up as he showed Eleven what the boys had discovered about the Upside Down from their science teacher.

Eleven's eyes widened as Mike continued, "But that's got to be what happened. Otherwise, how'd Will get there, right?" He looked at El who nodded slowly, "Right."

"What we want to know is, do you know where the gate is?" Lucas asked and Eleven shook his head.

"Then how do you know about the Upside Down?" Lucas asked and shook his head, "No... If you say Nina one more time-"

"Nina."

Lucas groaned loudly, "This is hopeless!" The boy exclaimed before they all sat there in silence.

Mike and Lucas then turned their attention to Dustin who was busy walking back and forth like a chicken lost its child, "Dustin, what are you doing? Dustin?"

"Dustin!"

"Dustin!"

Mike and Lucas shouted his name and the boy looked at them with wide eyes, "I... I need to see your compasses."

"What?"

"Your compasses. All of your compasses, right now!" Dustin exclaimed and all of them put their compasses on the table.