Chapter 5

They made their way outside her house as the moon shined upon the fields of grain. She looks over at him as he looks handsome underneath the moonlight as his hair glowed. She couldn't help but blush to the sight of him but shakes her head of the thought.

"You wanted to speak to me. Why?"

He looks over to her and smiles.

"There's been a change in plans with the demons. Zeldris and myself are taking the other commandments and giving them to Meliodas to become the demon king. But.....there's a complication."

He was silent for what seemed like a second but finally breaks it.

"I refuse to see my brother become the demon king but I have a plan."

Her eyes look to the moon as they both see red and white demons fly overhead from a long distance. She sighs, knowing that there was a sense that he hasn't said his real plan.

"And what about you, Estarossa?"

He looks over to her and smirks.

"Maybe it's an explanation for another time, sweet human."

She scoffs, she wasn't so easily dumbfounded like the other humans.

"You're going to use the commandments on yourself instead of Meliodas, aren't you?"

His eyes widen as he looks back at her determined face. His lips curl into a smile.

"I guess you aren't that naive, are you?"

She shrugs her shoulders to his response.

"I have my perks. But I can't let you do that..."

His smile fade as his face turns into one of disgust.

"What makes you think I can't do it? Do you think me weak?!"

She shakes her head to him, keeping a level head.

"Estarossa, the commandments are all fragments of the power of the demon king. What makes you think you could have control over them? Are you even able to take in all of the commandments at once?"

"A human like you wouldn't understand the power of what each commandment holds. I never should have came here..."

His demonic wings appear out of thin air. A hand falls to his arm to keep him from leaving. He turns to face her one last time, her face was full of worry. He's only seen that look once before. The last time he saw this look, was his human friend from 3,000 years ago. His mind flashed before him, It was the day that her village was being attacked. There was fire and smoke coming from the village, the goddess race and the demon clan was attacking, putting the humans in the middle of it. He runs through the village, desperately calling out her name. Hoping to himself that she didn't fall victim to the flames of war. He hears his name in the distance. He looks to see the girl with a sword in hand trying to ward off the demons from a small child. He rushes to her side as he actually destroys the demon in front of them. She looks up at him with the small child in one hand and a sword in another.

"I need to get you out of here. Take my hand, I'll protect you."

She shakes her head and hands him the small child instead. He looks at her with confusion and she simply nods to him.

"I'll be fine.....Take this girl out of the village. Now go!"

His eyes are filled with sadness. What has gotten into her? He's trying to protect her and yet, she doesn't want it? Does she crave death? Why is she putting others in front instead of her own? He didn't know what to think at this point and then she pushes him away as a demon charges at  them. She blocks it with the sword but she's sent into a building. Estarossa immediately flies to the fields and places the crying child down and flies back to the village with vigorous speed. He looks around to find her and he sees her crotching on the ground with the support of the sword as the demon comes closer to her. She looks up at the demon and uses the last of her strength to push the sword into its chest. The demon kept its pursuit as it takes her by her throat and holds her up and her soul was on the verge of being taken. Estarossa was filled with anger as he flies down with speed and kills the demon with one slash of his sword. As she falls to the ground, unconscious, she feels a pair of arms catching her before she can hit the ground. She was bleeding from her side and her head and there were bruises on her arms. She's never fought in her life and yet she never gave up. He rubs her head as she jolts awake from her unconscious mind. He holds her close to calm her down and her breathing becomes heavy.