Chapter 1

He could see it, the village in the distance. That's where his human friend lived. Past the yellow fields, and down by the river bend. That town is where they were to strike next against the Goddess race and other races against them. He knew it would only be a matter of time until he could gain Elizabeth's attention and win her heart from his brother, Meliodas. Elizabeth had been so kind to him since he was a child, and he wanted to love her for eternity until he found out about meliodas falling for the goddess. He need to warn the girl that they'll wreak havok on the town.

He could see her from a distance, she was coming this way! Her eyes shined like darkened amber, her dark curly hair flew through the wind as she makes her way to him. He could tell she must have gotten many suitors from her village to be that pretty. She's dressed in her finest clothes, and sits down on the place next to Estarossa. He blushes,
"she's very close" He thinks.

"The war is coming here, isn't it Estarossa?"

"Yes, yes it is, Lora. Which is why I'm asking you to leave so you won't die in this war."

"And if I want to stay?"

He looks at her in disbelief, why would you want to stay during a war?

"Then that's your choice, not mine."

"Then I best start packing, I'll leave you to it then."

"Wait!"

He grabs her hand and pulls her close both faces are too close to each other, they both blush, vibrantly.

"Um, c-could you stay a little longer? W-With me? If you want?"

She smiles, and sits back next to him and put her head on his shoulder, his face turns red with embarrassment.

"Alright, I'll stay for a few more minutes, but then I leave, deal?"

"Deal."

As he said in sadness. He's only doing it to protect her and her people from the war.

"You know, Estarossa? You're not like the other demons."

Of course he wasn't. He had known himself to be merciful and kind unlike the other demons who kill anything in sight.

"I'm supposed to be evil but, for some reason I can't even hurt a fly. I just feel so bad to do that. Why must I be this weak, and insignificant to my brother?!why can't I be like meliodas?! Then will she finally notice me after all this time?! Will I be man enough for you, Elizabeth?!"

His anger is then stopped by a hand that touches his face, it was Lora's hand.

"Estarossa, you're more the man I've ever known from the the day we met, you've changed somehow, wanting this woman for many years. In due time she will see you as who you are."

He calms down as he looks into her eyes deeply.

"You know... You're not like the other humans. Usually they would flee in sight of me, but you... You never did... Why is that?"

Nothing but silence was between them and she finally speaks.

"Honestly, no one understands me like you do. I don't know. You're one of the only people I like to be around with."

She smiles genuinely. He felt a twinge in one of his hearts and pulls her into a hug. She blushes as he holds her by her waist.

"Estarossa? What are you-"

"Please don't say anything... Just let me hold you... Just like this... Please..?"

She was in shock but her expression softens and holds him for what seemed like forever but she moves to the side of him and holds his hand. He looks down on her as her face turns a pinkish tint on her cheeks. He can't help but smile at the cuteness of this human. Her hand was warm. He loved it as he smiles to himself and he gently lays his head on top of hers.