Chapter 2

Let the show begin.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Athanasia POV

"Are you stupid? It's obvious that your dad wants to dance the first dance with you at the ball." Lucas told me with an annoyed look.

It's almost 7 years since I've met Lucas and right now, his hair is short. Grumpier than ever if you ask me.

"Huh? I don't think you know what you're talking about. You're not supposed to dance with dad at the debutante." I said shaking my pointy finger.

"It happens on rare occasions."

"I heard people don't do it because it looks cheesy." I said.

"You and your dad are like that sometimes though. Wouldn't your dad love to do that kind of cheesy stuff with you?" Lucas said making me confused.

"Huh??"

"What are you studying for if you're only going to be book smart?"

"Huh??"

I was left thinking deeply about what Lucas just said.

"See, I told you. Your dad likes you much more than you think." Lucas said as we look at each other in silence before I decided to break it.

"Lucas." I called him.

"Hm?"

"Why haven't you been visiting this Annie? I thought you two are close?" I ask him taking him back.

"What?" Lucas said making me furrow my eyebrows.

"What do you mean 'what'? Annie! The girl you've been visiting after our playtime. You stopped visiting her s few years ago." I said making him let out a sigh.

"I don't have time. I've been busy keeping your mana in control as you kept disobeying my order that you can't hang out with that thing." Lucas said making me flinch.

"Then why not visit her once again?"

"I did but they're not there." Lucas answered looking down the floor.

They? I thought Annie is a girl...

"Then visit them again." I said making him frown.

"Though I won't blame the girl with she turned her back on you as you stood her up all these years ago." I added making him sigh. Like deep~ sigh.

"Alright. I'll try." he said before disappearing.

....

"I have a feeling I'm going to ship this too even if I don't know what she looks like... Better treat her right, Lucas." I mumble to myself looking at the chair Lucas previously sat at.

[Few Days Later]

"Next time, I'll..." Ijekiel's voice was cut off when I was suddenly teleported back and was greeted with a straight-faced Lucas.

Are you kidding me?!

"Hey!! You can't just move people around from place to place like that whenever you want!!" I angrily shouted at him while pointing a finger.

"At least warn me first!!"

"Am I annoyed right now?" Lucas ask seriously taking me by surprise.

"I-I guess you look like you are." I answered calmly.

"Yeah. I must be upset about something. Just why do I feel this awful?" Lucas said glaring at me making me flinch. We stayed silent for a few seconds before he suddenly disappeared.