Chapter Eight

Juliet

What was I doing? What in the hell was I doing? I was sitting on their couch in their house. Toby and Caleb. My trainer and my therapist.

Who was I? I didn't recognize myself from the sex-deprived maniac I was back at Caleb's office.

Caleb and Toby were in the kitchen talking among themselves as they got me something to drink to calm my nerves.

"Here, baby." Toby placed a cup of brown liquor before me, and I downed it fast. "Easy, Juliet." He murmured, taking it from me.

I grimaced from the bitterness and strength of the drink.

"Can I have more?" I asked, and Toby eyed me carefully. "I just need something to help me calm down. I'm feeling jittery."

"No more alcohol," Caleb spoke. "You can have water." He came and handed me a water bottle.

I drank the bottle in two gulps and placed it back on the table. "Okay. What just happened?"

Caleb sat on my other side, and I leaned back on the sofa so I could face both of them.

"I'm not a personal trainer," Toby spoke. "I own the gym, baby. I own a few gyms, actually."

"Wait, but you helped me with my workouts?" I asked incredulously.

"Because you asked me to."

"You are a couples therapist, right?" I spun to face Caleb.

"I am."

"I'm so confused."

"I wanted you from the first moment I saw you," Toby said, and I looked at him.

"I didn't know you were married. I didn't care. I wanted you. I told Caleb about you and your shitty husband, and he said he'd try to help you and Simon work out your problems."

"I knew the fucker wouldn't show up. He doesn't deserve you. At first, I thought it was an attraction, but then it became an obsession. We both wanted you. We thought about you, night and day."

"We haven't shared a woman in months. Not since Toby told me about you. He only wanted you, and I didn't know how a girl could get Toby so wrung out until I met you."

"One smile, one look, and I was in even deeper. We craved you. Your body haunted our dreams, and we haven't even seen it yet. I know it all happened quickly, but I didn't expect you to kiss me."

"I didn't expect you to kiss me back."

"Baby, you were kiss-deprived. You were kissing me like I was your only source of oxygen."

"I haven't been touched like that in a long time. I forgot how it felt to have someone want you back." I said. "I never thought either of you would want me in that way. Ever. I mean, you're both so handsome, intelligent, successful, and I'm not any of that."

"You're beautiful, kind-hearted, funny, and make us happy beyond words. You make our days simply by being in them." Toby said.

"Really?" My chin trembled.

I felt Caleb reach over for my hand and give me a gentle squeeze. "You're special, Juliet."

Toby took my other hand and placed it over his chest. "You mean everything to us."

"So, when you were together in your office, the girl you were talking about and thinking about was me?"

"Only you," Caleb affirmed, eyes shining. "The only person to get me hard by breathing."