123

Fu Sinian fastened her seat belt for her and then sat down beside Yu Duo as if there was nothing out of the ordinary happening. He didn’t ask Yu Duo, who should be at home right now, why she had appeared on a plane bound for another city.

In first-class, the seats were spacious and comfortable, and there was plenty of room for the passengers to move around, with each seat separated by nearly a whole aisle worth of distance.

“Mr. Fu, the plane is about to take off, so please fasten your seat belt. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.” A stewardess came forward with a big smile and gave Fu Sinian a gentle reminder.

Fu Sinian nodded along with her words and fastened his seat belt. Although he was dressed in a suit, he somehow looked a bit leisurely, not at all like someone who was going to work, but more like someone taking a vacation.

Soon, the plane taxied down the runway and then took off.

Gradually, the plane smoothed out as it reached cruising altitude, and the stewardesses reappeared, smiling as they bustled around serving every passenger in first-class enthusiastically and meticulously.

“Miss, what would you like to drink?” A stewardess walked to Yu Duo’s side, gave her a polite smile, and asked.

When Yu Duo didn’t respond, the stewardess’ smile didn’t falter, she merely asked again, “Miss?”

On the side, Fu Sinian unfastened his seat belt and said. “She’ll have a glass of juice. Room temperature.”

The stewardess turned to Fu Sinian and said, “Alright, and what would you like to drink, Mr. Fu?”

“A glass of champagne.”

“Understood.”

As soon as the stewardess left, Fu Sinian looked over at Yu Duo, who was frozen stiff, and asked with a clipped but otherwise ordinary tone, “Where were you going?”

Yu Duo suddenly regained her senses and turned to face Fu Sinian. She really wanted to pinch her face to check if she was dreaming but, as she raised her hand to grab the flesh of her face, Fu Sinian caught her wrist.

“You’re not dreaming.”

She was very familiar with the temperature and strength of the hand gripping her wrist.

It seemed this was really not a dream.

As she realized this fact, Yu Duo sucked in a cold breath.

Wasn’t Fu Sinian supposed to be on a flight to the United States right now? Why did he suddenly show up on this plane at this particular moment?

After her mind raced through a thousand twists and turns, she was convinced that there was only one possibility.

Fu Sinian could see through her every move like he was looking at the back of his own hand.

Fu Sinian must have long been wary of her, otherwise, he wouldn’t appear here on this plane. After all, even Ah Chi hadn’t known that she had changed her flight.

So, did that mean that the news that Fu Sinian was going to the United States was fake? Released just to draw her out? And Ah Chi as well?

He had suspected her and Ah Chi from the beginning?

And what about the baby in her belly... did he know about that too?

There was a good chance he did.

After all, if he wanted to know the results of her trip to the hospital, it would only be a matter of making a phone call.