136

Fu Sinian looked at her coldly. “You’ve made something out of nothing and told it to a lot of people, but do you think that will make it become fact?”

“The truth doesn’t matter. All that matters is what the people will believe and how many of them will believe. Mr. Fu, you can’t fight a hundred mouths. However, as long as you promise to get me out of this place and drop this matter, then I will promise to properly clarify things on Mr. Fu’s behalf. After all, I took care of Mr. Fu for a long time before, so it wouldn’t be too difficult for me, nor would it be the first time.”

“Do you know what your biggest mistake was?” Fu Sinian coldly enunciated, “You were too conceited.”

Qiao Jiao clenched her teeth and stared hard at Fu Sinian. “You should be more aware than anyone whether I’m too conceited or not.”

“Despite spending five years by my side, you’re still conceited enough that you think you can use a poor fabrication to blackmail me into letting you go. You’re so conceited that you actually believe that your little fabrication can bring me down, and you’re even so conceited that you really think that, as long as Qin Shao stands behind you, you can do whatever you want. Qiao Jiao, is this because you are taking yourself too seriously, or is it because you’re taking me too lightly?! You should know better than anyone else how many winds and waves that the Fu Group has gone through to reach this point. If you had any intelligence at all, you wouldn’t try to use something like this to blackmail me!”

“Fu Sinian, what about Yu Duo? Aren’t you worried that Yu Duo will think that it’s true?” Qiao Jiao’s eyes gradually turned red, “I still don’t understand. Three years ago, you had never even met Yu Duo before, but you were still willing to marry her. For you, it should be the same no matter who you marry, so why couldn’t you marry me?”

Fu Sinian didn’t reply.

“I accompanied you for five years, and during those five years, I accompanied you to countless banquets and wine parties. I drank until my stomach bled, and I struggled to put on a smiling face for those vulgar men, all for you. I did so much for you, so if it was just going to be the same for you no matter who you married, why couldn’t you marry me?”

“Why do you think it would be the same for me no matter who I marry? Qiao Jiao, if you hadn’t betrayed me, I could have given you an unparalleled career. With your intelligence and ability, I could have found you any excellent man that you wanted. No matter whether he loved you or not, he would never dare to betray you because Fu Group would always be your backer. But instead, you decided to work with Qin Shao and come to me like a fool asking a tiger for its skin, I can only say I’m very disappointed in you. “

Fu Sinian felt he had said enough to this woman, so he turned to leave.

When she saw that Fu Sinian was really about to leave, Qiao Jiao suddenly stood up, clutched the edge of the table, and shouted at his back, “If it had been me in that room three years ago, if it had been me instead of Yu Duo, would you have married me?”

Fu Sinian didn’t answer.

Qiao Jiao shouted crazily, “Tell me! Would you have married me? Would you?!”

But Fu Sinian’s figure had already disappeared through the door.

“Sir, are you going back to the office?”

Fu Sinian, who had climbed into his dark car, rubbed his brow tiredly and said, “Head to the Yu residence.”

“Alright.”

As the car started, Fu Sinian leaned back against the back seat and closed his eyes to take a brief nap.

Fu Sinian would normally not be afraid of this matter that Qiao Jiao had fabricated out of nothing at all, but right now he was actually a bit concerned, specifically, he didn’t know how Yu Duo would react.