dont leave.

☆.。.:*.。.:*☆

Estelle was trying to distract herself in the quarters from her insides being tossed like a rugby ball. It had been 10 days since their departure from Coriakin's island and there was still no sign of the aforementioned blue star. She was reading a book that she had found next to Caspian's ex bed, although it wasn't quite the same as reading of Jo and Laurie, she figured a book about astronomy was better than succumbing to the flipping of her gut.

The storm was ruthless and threatened to split the boat on many occasions, it felt as though they were trapped in an infinite time loop of violent weather. The door was kicked open and revealed a drenched Edmund dragging an unwilling Eustace by the ear.
"Tell her what you did!" He ordered the boy, leadership prominent in his tone.
"I didn't do anything!" He argued, only provoking the Just to tighten his grip on the already reddened ear.

"Okay! Okay! I stole the letters!"
Estelle shot up from her casual position and sat with a straightened back and stoic expression.
"What?"
"I wanted to annoy Edmund so I hid all of the letters you wrote!"
"Why in Aslan's name would you do that?!"
"I wanted him to think you forgot about him so he'd stop going on about Narnia!"

It all made sense. It explained why Edmund was persistent that he hadn't cut contact. He wasn't lying. He towered over the boy and bellowed for him to exit the room, leaving the friends in uncomfortable silence.
"I'm sorry." He started.
"I'm sorry too."
The boy made his way over to the bed on which she sat and placed himself beside her, neither sharing another word. Within an instant she pulled him into an embrace and hid her face into his torso, him resting his head atop of her own.

The pair had been deprived of a proper reunion because of his meddling cousin and now they were unsure of how long they'd have left together. It was unclear how long they remained like that as Edmund's hum of the prophetic song lulled her into a timeless and peaceful state, their intertwined bodies subtly swaying to the tune. In truth, he'd missed her endlessly and had to force his body to not approach her and joke with her on multiple occasions. He'd noticed her ill looking nature as soon as they'd arrived and yet their confrontation had prevented him from asking her what happened.

He desperately wanted to help, she was like his sister and he despised seeing her in such a state. However, Caspian had managed to partly restore the life back to her soul and that was something that Edmund had been extremely grateful for. She wasn't able to tell him of her aunts increasingly neglectful treatment or her long list of toxic boyfriends, or her sickly experience with Keith on the street, but their shared company was enough to tell him everything he needed to know.

A few days on, and Estelle found herself sat with legs pulled into her chest, beside the door that separated her from the meeting of Drinian, Edmund and Caspian. They were called to discuss their next plan of action, the storm showing no signs of departing anytime soon and the rations running scarce. She could've sworn it had been hours despite only few minutes passing by, until Drinian draped in a raincoat stormed passed her with a look of disapproval wedged onto his features.

He was shortly followed by Edmund, who appeared to be anxious about the uncertainty of the upcoming days, as demonstrated by his dark under eyes, disheveled hair and bitten nails. She tried and failed to catch his attention and so hesitantly entered the room in which Caspian stood alone, his state unknown. Her eyes fell on his figure sat uncomfortably on the window seat in his office, head in hands, and she immediately regretted disturbing him.

"Cas?"
His head slowly lifted from his palms at the sound of the angelic voice, for a split second he thought that he must've died as the girl, backlit by the moon, looked more like a heaven-sent than a human. He just looked at her, he hated that she had seen him like this.
"Are you okay?" She said softly as she couldn't stop her feet from approaching him.
"I am just fine, thank you princess."
"As am I, I hope you don't mind if we are just fine together?" She spoke, unsure as to why it felt so natural to speak to him in this way.
"That is more than okay."
"Good."