goodbye

"Mummy!"

"Mummy!"

"Helaine!"

Both Gael and her father called out to the longboat that emerged from the -now grey- fog. It took barely a second for the young girl to crash amongst the still waves, swimming towards her mother as if it was the last thing she'd ever do. Rhince was only a stroke behind his daughter as they both reached the woman and embraced her desperately.

It was a sweet sight, one that clearly made Lucy crave a reunion with her own maternal figure as she looked down with a sad smile traced along her mouth.
"Let's have them on board. Clear the deck." Caspian ordered, trying to recover from the near loss of his love. He stood beside her, with fingers interlocked, scared to let go even for a second.

Lucy turned to face her second family.
Relief: the feeling of happiness when something unpleasant or distressing stops. And that is exactly the emotion that carved it's way onto her face as she admirably gazed at her friends.

"We did it, I knew we would."
"It wasn't just us, though." Edmund added.
"You mean-" Caspian begun, only to be cut off by the calls of a young voice from below them.

"Hey, hey! Lucy! I'm down here! Lucy!"
Eustace.
The small group of four darted across to the opposite edge of the boat to be met with the aforementioned boy, yes boy, treading the water with inexpressible joy.

"Eustace!" Lucy exclaimed.
"I'm a boy again! A boy!"
"Eustace! I see your wings have been clipped." The dear little Reepicheep spoke to his unlikely companion before diving feet first into the cool waves, singing his own theme song as he did so.

"Where sky and water meet, where waves grow ever sweet." It was these lyrics that provoked the noble mouse to taste the water for himself.
"It is sweet. It's sweet!"

"Aslan's country." Caspian spoke, just about loud enough for the six to hear.
"Well we've come this far." Edmund stated with a cheeky grin tugging at his lips. The group were met with a beautiful sight. Hundreds, no millions, of white flowers decorated the ocean in a way that only Aslan himself could conjure. They almost sparkled under the suns heavenly glow.

Never in a hundred years did Estelle imagine herself rowing in a longboat towards the end of the world, but she was glad that she was.

If you had told her a year ago that she'd have almost died, fought a sea serpent and been sold to a slave trader, she would've laughed in your face. Yet now, there was nowhere she would rather be than in her favourite place with her favourite people.

"What was it like when Aslan changed you back?" Edmund questioned his transformed cousin.

"No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't do it myself. Then he came towards me. It sort of hurt, but it was a good pain. You know, like when you pull a thorn from your foot. Being a dragon wasn't all bad, I think I was a better dragon than I was a boy, really. I'm so sorry for being such a sop."