who's is bigger?

☆.。.:*.。.:*☆

When Caspian woke, he was met with a slight draft on his side, Estelle must've woken up already. He was more than aware of the sentences he'd spoken to her the night prior and could only pray that she didn't think of him differently now. Every word of it was the truth and he would say it a thousand times over if given the chance. He dragged himself to the top deck, his feet lugging behind him, when he saw a familiar shape leaning over the edge of the boat.

It couldn't have been afternoon as there was an absence of life and the sun had not yet reached its peak in the centre of the sky. That was new. The sun. After two weeks of being tossed like a pancake, Caspian had almost forgotten what the sun was. The only reminder of the glistening orb in the sky for him was the girl that now stood bathing in it.

"Good morning." She spoke as if she'd sensed his presence, she seemed to hold a special ability for noticing someone's company just based on footsteps alone, which worried the King only slightly.
"Good morning, Stell"
"It's beautiful, isn't it?"

She wasn't wrong, the sun was firmly placed on the horizon, as if anchored to the heavens, her rays cascading onto the world, altering its saturation and contrast. However the only thing that Caspian's eyes were glued on was the captivating frame that held him like summer held strawberries. She wasn't just physically beautiful, she made the space around her beautiful too.
"It is truly."

As if on cue to disturb their peaceful silence, various members of the crew took their place on deck, Drinian being one of the first, followed closely by Edmund, the two of them approaching Caspian as if he was holding a secret that they yearned to discover. Estelle was informed by her companion Reepicheep that the group would be scavenging the land for clues, food, life, anything to assist them on their journey.

The men prepared the longboats, the Devoted sharing the company of Edmund, Lucy, Caspian and Eustace. She only half listened to the ramblings of the latter, something about Reep and his 'big ears'. Her feet quickly hit the land and it was decided that herself, the Pevensie's and Caspian would scout the abandoned island for any sign of the lords whilst the remaining crew looked for food, a fact that Eustace was not the most elated about as he'd prefer to be looking around with the beautiful princess.

The small group of four were met with a large, volcanic hole, one that seemed as though it dropped for miles.
"Well that doesn't look safe." She uttered breathily.
"What do think could be down there?"
"Let's find out."
Caspian tossed a pebble into said hole and it was battered against the jagged rocks like some form of torture chamber.
"Great, thank you Caspian. Now I know how far I'm going to fall to my death."
"Ha. Ha."

Despite her objection, the three lowered a rope into the cave-like crater and one by one dropped into it, Estelle holding her breath as she watched her new family enter the pit of unknown, her anxiety reaching an all time high.
"Come on. I won't let you fall."
Caspian's words did little to calm her but she sensed that she had little choice in the matter and so followed them down the hole. His hands met her waist as her feet landed on the solid ground, she actually impressed herself with her steadiness.

Before them, sat a large pocket of water, something about the situation made her gut twist.
"What's that?" she spoke as a glint of something shiny caught her eye from beneath the surface of the water.
"Looks like some sort of gold statue."
Edmund took it upon himself to grab a stray stick and prod the object, Estelle struggled to see the reasoning behind this though.

Gold began to grow up the stick, consuming it, because it's Narnia of course and nothing can ever be normal. A gasp tore its way out of Ed's mouth as he launched the stick as far from his person as possible.
"He must've fallen in." Caspian said, sorrow for the lost soul evident in his tone.
"Poor man." Lucy sympathised.
"You mean, poor Lord." Edmund added, gesturing to the figure.
"The crest of Lord Restimar."
"Look, his sword." Estelle interjected, the urgency in her voice demonstrating her unsettlement.