A Failed Figure.

As Kyle left the school grounds he headed his path home to his house. Usually on a Friday his aunt would pick him up but tonight she had a date. It had been six months since his uncle had died. It upseted Kyle to see his aunt acting like she never knew uncle Sam. She had gotten ride of everything he had ever owned. Kyle's father was lucky enough to get an old hoodie he used to wear as a token of him. Kyle's brother Matt got an old photo and Kyle got his old chess board which they used to play chess together on. Every time Sam came down they would have at least one game two if they felt like going on. Sam would never go easy on Kyle. He was the type of uncle that have you hugs when you needed them and tough love when you needed it. He always thought Kyle to play fair and treat the other aponet with respect aswell. The number one rule Sam though was treat others with respect as but treat yourself with more. Sadly he couldn't say the Sam for his wife. Kyle's aunt had even gone far to act like she never married him in the first place. Everyone had said it was the way she was handling the grief but Kyle knew it was something else but didn't know what. He finally arrived home drenched in sweat he turned they key and walked inside. The cool breeze of the air conditioner hit his face all the swear evaporated. He walked into the kitchen where he was greeted by his mother cooking dinner. She turned to Kyle. Her pink and blue stripey apron coverd in liquid and food stains. Her blonde hair sitting on her shoulders while her reading glasses lay on her nose all fogged up from the pot of chilli boiling on the stove. Her green eyes hidden behind the fog. She took off her reading glasses and rapped her arms around Kyle. "How was school hunny. Did you have a good day?" She stared at Kyle till she got an awnser. Her smile sitting on her face. Kyle knew it was forced. Kyle's therapist said the best way to increase his "wellbeing" was to turn his mind from a fixed mind to a "Growth mindset" instead. So his parents took it into extra cautions around him and not to trigger his anxiety. "It was fine" He gave a none teeth smile. "Any news or...?" Kyle shook his head "No it was just a normal day like the rest of the year". Kyle's mother nodded with a real smile. "That's great to hear Kyle" a long silence was in the room and Kyle unpacked his old school books and put them in the bin. "Why don't you help me with the chilli before your father and Seth come back". "Ok I'll be right over" he dumped the rest of the bags in the bin and ran over to the stove. The spices all lay on the spice rack while the spoon lay across the counter. His mother grabbed two  small spoons from the drawer. "Wanna try it so far?" Kyle took the spoon and put it in the moist chilli pot. It tasted more sweet and sour than spicy. Just a bit to sour. Kyle's mother walked away leaving him in his own world cooking the chilli while she walked into the sitting room and watched TV. She knew it would make him happy... she knew it would remind him of Sam.