Chp XIV: Sound vs Leaf

3rd POV

They group went to the forest as they jump from one branch to another with Shikamaru single-file formation

1. Kiba & Akamaru

2. Shikamaru

3. Y/N

4. Naruto

5. Choji

6. Neji

Kiba & Akamaru are in front since they can sniff out any traps while Neji is behind to check their back with his byakugan and the rest checking our surrounding. A while back Kiba found out that Sasuke has about five escort but two of them had a fight with the jonin recently but Shikamaru still decides to pursue Sasuke.

Shikamaru: There's a good chance that they'll be on guard and there'll be any trap or an ambush up ahead. So from this point on, we proceed with caution. I want everybody not just Akamaru, to put all your senses on full alert. If you catch a trace of any suspicious, warn us. We want find them before they find us.

Naruto: Got it! When we find them I'm gonna use my new jutsu to clobber them!-

Shikamaru: Everyone stop!

They all stop at the same branch as Shikamaru looks above

Shikamaru: Take a look up there.

They all saw a paper bomb planted on a tree.

Y/N: A paper bomb? We can just avoid it.

Neji: Wait theres five more in places too. It must be a perimeter barrier.

Choji: A perimeter barrier?

Shikamaru: Its a type of trap ninjutsu. When someone enters and reach the center the traps will set off. Its a advance jutsu, I learned about it in one of the books my dad made me read.

Y/N: Guess that paid off.

Kiba: Damit! Now we gotta waste time going around it.

Y/N: Can't we just disable it to go through?

Shikamaru: Even if we can, we'll have to do it all at the same time. Besides, we don't know how big the perimeter barrier is. We got no choice, let's go around.

After they went around it they spotted wires that may be traps but luckily they spotted them easily and avoid those. Fortunately Y/N and Shikamaru realized that the set a trap underneath the trap before stopping Naruto with his shadow jutsu in a nick of time.

Shikamaru: I get it, one wire is visible because it reflects the light and the other camouflaged. While you avoid the first you might accidentally trip the second.

Y/N: In other words, it'll fool anyone who doesn't have a sharp eyes. Creating a trap underneath a trap.

Neji: Who ever they are, they're clever. They may have stopped to rest. Either they're injured or this could be a trap...byakugan!

Neji sees 4 ninjas ahead with some sort of coffin and they're appear to be recovering.

Neji: I see them!

Naruto: Well let's go! I'm gonna show them what I got!

Kiba: Hate to tell you Naruto but I'm gonna demonstrate my new jutsu right here!

Choji: Yeah me too!

Y/N: Boys boys, I think we can all agree that I'll be the first to show my new jutsu.

Naruto/Kiba/Choji: No you're not!

Y/N: Depressed. What's the point of this...

Shikamaru: Don't be so hasty everyone. As soon as we make a plan, we'll nail these bastards to the ground.