Change My Mind (BobXReader)

"Ah!" She screams, throwing her hands up in the air. "You ruined my shirt! Do you know how much this costed?!"

You raise your head from your book and slide your headphones off your ears with a tired sigh.

Her blonde hair flings around as she waves her hands dramatically at the guy who accidently spilled his coffee on her.

"I'm sorry! So sorry!" He fumbles for some napkins at the counter, breaking the dispenser and spilling half the napkins on the floor.

"Sorry doesn't fix my outfit!" She yells, getting most of the eyes on her and her commotion.

She needs a slap. You think.

"Let me pay for your coffee or something! Gah, I'm so sorry." He stumbles around trying to clean his mess up. His face blood red. His lips tight in embarrassment.

"Forget the coffee! I want a new shirt! But I don't think you could rack up enough to even pay for one of these chain links." She points to one of the shoulder straps.

The man drops his eyes to the ground, dejected.

"I'm really sorry." He scrunches his face up and scratches his forehead. He heaves some big breaths and tries not to look at the rest of the people in the shop.

"I don't care. What I want is for you to get your act together and stop spilling coffee everywhere. This is an adult coffee shop. It's not for food spilling toddlers like you." She pokes him in the chest.

That's it. You speak. "So much for being adult."

"What did you say?" The woman looks at you and slaps a hand on her hip.

You give her an angry smile. "Listen, Princess, like you said this is an adult coffee shop. So if you want to pitch a fit, head over to the Micky D's play area across the street. I'm sure you'd fit right in."

She scoffs as if you think you're somebody to her. You stand up. The man watches you intently and eyes the situation with a worried expression, but curiosity underlies the anxiousness.

"While you're at it, why don't you take those six figures you get from your daddy and go help feed hungry orphans or something, instead of wasting your money on materials that increase the global warming rate." You smirk. "Oh wait, I think that's your head putting off all that heat."

"Excuse me!?"

"Thought you would never ask!" You jab a thumb behind you. "There's the door. You're welcome to leave anytime."

She stomps off, stained shirt and all. Her face in full fledged anger.

"Thanks. I could have handled it." The guy who spilled the coffee smiles a little and sticks out his hand. "Anyway...I'm Bob."

You raise a brow at him and give a bored hum. He's cute, but you have too much on your plate at the moment to be thinking about guys.

You nod at him and head over to your table. Sliding your music back to your ears, you tap your pencil to the beat, flicking the unread pages of your book.

Someone slides into the chair across from you and you look up with your eyes.

Bob grins big in front of you. His hands folded on his knees like a kid.

You pull off your head phones and end up tugging your messy bun. You grumble and throw down your hair instead of fixing it up again.

"Can I help you?" You sigh at Bob.

"You have really pretty hair."

You scoff and pull your lips to the side. A quick lift of your brows. "Thanks." You grumble.

"What's your name?"

You sigh. "(Y/N)."

"Nice. Whatcha reading?" He leans in to see.

"Please go away." You purse your lips and tug your book closer.

"Awe come on. You practically saved my life back there. I thought I'd do you the favor by giving you some company." He smiles.

"It's a horror book. One you wouldn't want to read in the dark." You smile slyly when he furrows his brows. You gaze over his baby face and innocent look. "You scared of the dark? You seem like the type."

He rolls his eyes.

"Is that a yes?" You lean in and raise a brow.

"You're not very nice." He purses his lips. "If you're so mean, why don't you join the mean people in their affairs of meanness?"

"The only answer I can come up with is...I don't like people. Mean or not." You shrug and look back down at your book.

"Hm." He eyes you. His wide eyes behind those glasses really make for a dork.

A cute dork.

Gosh. Get yourself together. No time for thinking about how adorable he is. What about your finals? What about the busted tire on your car? What about that fight you had with your best friend?

Too much right now.

"Can I have your number?" He smiles waving a napkin in the air.

"What for?" You raise a brow.

He shrugs. "I think I can change your mind."

"Why would you want to do that?"

He grins wide. "Because it's there."

You glance over him. Maybe it's his gentle manner. Maybe it's the cute way he smiles. Maybe it's those big glasses.

You feel you heart creep to a higher rate the more you look at him. You read the next sentence in your book.

"Go for it."

Great, a sign from the world of books guiding me on this maticulous and monotonous journey of life. You think.

You glance at him again and gaze at your pen.

Why not?

"I don't know why I'm doing this. Perhaps it's the fact that I find you adorably attractive and therefore challenge you to change my mind about people." You hand him the pen. "With the condition you maintain radio silence after 8 PM and not break that silence until 8 AM."

He smiles and bounces a bit on the chair, excited. "No problem."