Change My Mind (Pt. 3)

"Let's do it."

"No!"

"Come on! You're always complaining that I don't ever mention anything fun that we could do. This would be fun."

"I fly and face the possibility of death every time. That's scary enough for me, thank you very much. Please pick something else."

"I knew you were scared of the dark. But it's fine, I'll go by myself if you're such a fraidy-cat." You shrug you shoulders and nudge him.

"I am not scared of the dark." He points, moving his piece on the "Sorry" gameboard. "I just don't like haunted houses."

"Okay." You say and lean back on the couch after moving your piece.

He glances back at you and frowns, taking his turn while you eye him with a silent smirk. He leans back with you and puts his hands in his lap, staring at the board.

It's quiet a long time as you position yourself sideways on the seat to watch him. He glances awkwardly to the side and sees you, his gaze shifting back to the board.

"It's your turn." He says.

"I know." You reply.

He glances at you again and unfolds his hands, putting one arm behind you on the couch. He puts his left leg up on his right. He raises his brows.

"You gonna go?"

You smile slyly. "If you go with me to the haunted house."

"You mean you won't finish the game unless I go with you?" He sighs then smirks. "That's pretty...sorry."

You shrug. "Sorry. But that's my condition. It's not even that bad, trust me. I've been there before. Didn't even scream."

"Haunted houses are terrifying." He blinks. "You must be psycho."

"Terrifying? Oh dear...no." You lift a finger and run it down his jawline. "I'm going to have to change your mind about that."

He smirks and bites his lip. He leans in to brush his lips against yours and it turns into a lingering kiss. He pulls away and you feel a little sorry for him.

Ironic, considering the board game you're playing.

You kiss his cheek and caress his face some. "I won't force you to go-"

He purses his lips. His fingers brushing through your hair as he moves a lock behind your ear. "You practically are. I have never started something without finishing it. This game must be finished, and if I have to go with you to haunted house to be able to complete the game...then I will do so." He drags out that last part in a dramatic sigh.

"And...buy my icecream after?" You lean in and bat your eyelashes at him.

He scans over your face and tries for a bored look, but he's failing miserably. His lips twitching up slightly. So, he rolls his eyes and looks away with a playful huff.

"If I must."

You nod. "Good. Let's go."

He shoots his head back and blinks. Eyes wide. "Now? Right now?"

You tap his nose. "Tonight's the last night it's open." You stand and reach your hand out to him. He glares at you a moment, but can't seem to get a hold on his expression.

He takes your hand and stuffs his other in his pocket. "You know...you're pretty hot when you're demanding."

"I'm hot all the time." You say and drag him towards the door as he scoops up his keys from the table.