00 | Early Mornings

The day starts with the sound of an alarm clock ringing in the distance as a young girl rolls over in bed. She tries to snooze the alarm, but it's too far out of reach and she falls off the bed. Well, this morning is off to a groggy start! But then again, every morning is like this in the life of Mahi Verma.

Mahi's POV:

Thud! 

This is the nth time I have rolled off the bed all thanks to my alarms!  >:( 

Ugh, that alarm clock always gets in my way! I wish I could get more sleep after sorting out all my traveling documents last night. I look at my phone to check the time and...

OH GOD IT'S 8:30 AM!

I rushed past the clothes on the ground and flung the bedroom door open to get ready. Within 20 minutes, I was ready to meet my best friend at our favorite café right across from Oxford University. I graduated from Oxford four years ago; and now I am planning to return to India with my law degree and some work experience I got from working in a law firm! So, I decided to meet up with my best friend and talk about traveling necessities as we will go back to India together. 

Buzzzzz!

I checked my phone to see my best friend, Kirti calling me.

"Girl! Where are you? You better not be late this time. It's already 8:55 and I don't see you anywhere near the café!" she said in a booming voice.

"Kirti calm down! I'm almost there. Just a few seconds and I'll be there." I hastily responded stepping down from the bus while stuffing on a pair of black gloves to save my hands from the cold.

"Ok then, walk in quickly! I'm heading inside 'cause I can't handle the chilly winds any longer." she stated in a much more calm voice.

I sighed and cut the phone heading towards the doors of the Bodleian Library Café one last time before I travel back to India. 

Little did I know that things will be different from here on. 

★꧁𓊈𒆜-𒆜𓊉꧂★

Author's note: Namaste guys! So here is the very first chapter of my story! I hope you liked it so far. Please do comment and vote. I would really appreciate it!

Also, the question of the day is (inserts overly dramatic drum rolls)... 

What is your favorite beverage (Ex: coffee, chai, milkshakes. etc.)?

See ya in the next chapters and stay safe till then!