08 | The Third Meeting

The next day...

Mahi and her whole family were buzzing with excitement to meet the Rajan family after such a long time. Mahi doesn't remember meeting Jaiwant Rajan's wife and son, but her grandmother told her that she used to play with Mr. Rajan's son occasionally when she was very young. Mahi stood in front of her mirror to get dressed for the exciting event when Meera, her younger sister decided to barge into her room with their bhabhi (sister-in-law), Kalyani.

"Mahi didi, why are you taking such a long time to get ready? We have so much to help with downstairs!" Meera exclaimed. 

"I'm having a hard time deciding what to wear. Can you guys help me?" Mahi exhaustingly said.

"Sure Mahi! Let's look for a dress that will have Rajan Uncle's son running after you. After all, you are going to meet him after such a long time!" Kalyani said in a teasing manner. 

"Bhabhi don't say that! I don't even remember his name, why would I be interested in meeting him. I am just happy that we get to meet that family after a long time as it is good to have close friends over" Mahi declared. 

"Sure, sure whatever you say. If you end up liking him in the future, you better pay me up. Anyways, I think this dress will suit you best for lunch. Now get dressed before Ma (Mahi's mom and Kalyani's (mother in law)) calls you." Kalyani chuckled. 

"Don't make me send Rajan Uncle's son to bring you downstairs didi!" Meera teased to which Mahi threw an annoyed expression. She ushered both of them out of her room and began to get dressed. 

Mahi loved the kurti Kalyani had chosen for her

Mahi loved the kurti Kalyani had chosen for her. It was not to over the top, but it was really pretty and elegant. Taking one glance at her mirror, Mahi took a deep breath and went downstairs. 

"Look who finally decided to grace us with her holy presence" Mahi's older brother, Mohan said as Kalyani playfully hit his shoulder. 

"May you be blessed my dear devotee" Mahi teased her brother as she completed her prayers and went to help her mother, Ragini. Mohan rolled his eyes and went back to helping his father with some office work. 

"Ma here let me help you with something in the meantime" Mahi told Ragini. 

"Sure beta, can you go outside and-" 

Just as Ragini was talking to Mahi, Sanjiv (Mahi's father) comes running with panic. 

"Ahhhh Jaiwant called and said he is coming ten minutes. Everyone finish up the preparations!" Sanjiv exclaimed before tripping over the carpet and hastily going back to clean up the living room. Everyone had a hearty chuckle after seeing Sanjiv's excitement and nervousness to meet his friend after such a long time. 

Ragini turned back to Mahi and said, "So beta as I was saying, can you go outside and bring some flowers for the evening prayers. The Rajan family will join us for pooja (prayers) this evening, so let's make sure we have everything ready. Ok?" Mahi nodded and took a basket and headed towards the garden to pluck some flowers to offer to the Gods. 

As Mahi was plucking flowers from the garden, she heard the sound of a car stopping outside their house. When she saw the gate open and her father rush to the entrance, she saw that the Rajan family had just arrived.  Jaiwant Rajan and his wife step out of the car and were greeted by her father who was brimming with excitement. 

Wow, Mr. and Mrs. Rajan look like a royal couple. They bring such positivity to our house. I am glad they came, but I wonder where their son is. 

After Jaiwant and his wife headed inside the house, Mahi found herself pondering on this just as she saw the back of a young man. He seemed to be pulling something out the car, so Mahi couldn't see his face. Trying to get a better view of this mysterious man, Mahi didn't notice that her nephew, Aarav, was getting ready to scare her. 

"Boo!" Aarav exclaimed as he scared Mahi and took her flower basket running across the garden towards the entrance of the house. Startled, Mahi began running behind Aarav. 

"Aarav if you give me the basket I will give you buy you chocolate tomorrow" Mahi tiredly said as she chased Aarav. 

Hearing this, her nephew gave her the basket  and ran inside the house heartedly laughing after pranking his aunt. 

Mahi, now out breath turned around to go inside the house when she bumped into someone. She wasn't aware someone else was there. Startled, she murmured a quick sorry and began to hurriedly run into her house with the flower. However, not even a few moments later, she tripped over her tripping. 

Mahi wasn't just running away because she bumped into someone, but she had caught a whiff of the cologne that reminded her of a familiar someone. This sent her into a frenzy and caused her to panic. Not wanting to confront the individual, she ran. 

As she tripped, Mahi's basket of flowers got thrown into the air as she tried to steady herself. Just then, she felt a strong hand grip her waist and hold her close. Mahi felt the same fragrance she was trying to run away from and was stunned by the rate at which her heart was beating. 

"Are you obsessed with me?" a deep voice mockingly asked. Mahi ready to rebuttal was hit with a certain familiarity. 

She looked up in confusion and her eyes connected with a person she thought she would never see again. It was the one and only, Abhishek Rajan.

Their eyes locked onto each as two galaxies grew closer, gleaming brighter than ever before. Little did they know that this meeting would change their lives forever. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! I know I haven't posted an update in a long time as I was busy with school. I hope to post more frequently!

Hope you enjoy this chapter and do comment and vote!

<3 

from, 

thy author