04 | The Trip Back Home

Mahi scrambled across the snowy sidewalks to reach Kirti as she saw a typical red bus approaching  the bus stop where Kirti was anxiously conversing with the bus driver to wait for a few more minutes as she waited for Mahi. 

"Sir, there she is! I told you she would be here. Thank you!"  Kirti said with a sigh of relief as she helped Mahi onto the bus. The driver smiled at their friendship and with a warm nod began to drive towards the bus stop closest to the international airport. 

-------------------------------------------------------

Half an hour later: 

Zzzzzzzzz. Mahi had fallen asleep against the window of the bus as the drive felt longer than she wanted it to be. She was very peculiar about her dreams and was reassured that no nightmares would haunt her in the day. So, Mahi composed herself and continued to doze off. 

Screeech! The bus came to a sudden stop as Kriti shook Mahi awake. 

"Girl come on! We are here and need to reach out terminal alrighty?! You can sleep all you want during the flight." Kirti expressed while dragging a lazy Mahi away from her beloved window seat. 

---------------------------------------------------------

A little while later...

Soon after, Kriti and Mahi were boarding the flight with their boarding ticket. However, they came across a small problem. 

"Miss, I'm afraid you will not be able to sit with your friend here. There has been a slight alteration with the seats as a young man had booked a last minute business ticket to India as well. We hope you can cooperate and sit across from your friend just for this flight." The air hostess calmly explained to Mahi who was just about to have a seat next to Kirti. She was slightly disappointed to hear that she cannot be seated with Kirti and was going to have to be next to a stranger the rest of the flight, but nevertheless, she agreed to move as she didn't want to be a nuisance. 

Mahi proceeded towards her seat with sad eyes as she sat away from Kirti, after all, she would have to sit with some unknown person she clearly had no idea about. 

Mahi looked outside the airplane window and took a deep breath as she looked at England one last time. This place had been her second home when she had come here from India. She felt bittersweet about everything happening in her life as of the moment. She was so ready to go to India and reconnect with her family, but at the same time, she would really miss her college and work life at England. Mahi was so engaged in her thoughts that she didn't even realize that her airplane seat partner had sidled in beside her already. 

"Ahahaha yes! Gautam, don't worry, when I come back I'll handle all the accounts and Sirius as well.  I know it must have been a lot for you to look after, so thank you so much bro! Alright, we are about to zoom into the sky, I'll call you up once I'm back in Bharat (India)." A boisterous and deep voice spoke as Mahi's reverie broke. 

She flinched a little noticing someone's close proximity and realized the stranger she had to sit with had arrived. She felt slightly nervous upon hearing the voice as it sounded familiar to her for some reason. However, Mahi was too nervous to turn around from the window and look at the man. More importantly, she was lazy. 

If you don't know, Mahi is a very, very lazy girl. She could stay in bed all day or just sit on the sofa doing nothing and still consider it a major feat. Yep, that's Mahi for you. 

So, Mahi concluded that she just wanted to sleep a bit more and that's it. 

---------------------------------------------------------

On the other hand,  the young man came to realize the petite form of a young woman huddled on the seat towards the window with gentle snores passing by. He gently chuckled at the adorable sight and placed a blanket over her after seeing her occasionally shiver bit. 

A little while later, Mahi woke up and noticed that it had only been around three hours since she had boarded the plane with Kirti. She slowly sat up in her seat with a slight groan as she had a sore back. She recognized something warm, and fuzzy covering her entire form. Mahi glanced down to see a heavy blanket that had kept her warm while she was asleep. 

She smiled a little knowing that with this kind stranger by her side, the trip might not be that uncomfortable after all. But, little did she know the man she was sitting next to will forever be etched into her destiny. 

Their stars had already collided, it was simply a matter of time before they noticed it too. 

____________________________________

Author's note: Hey guys! I finally updated after all this :D 

Sorry I didn't update earlier as school has started and there is a decent amount of workload. However, I will do my best to keep updating frequently! 

Also, please don't forget to vote and comment :DDDD

See you in the next chapter! What do you think will happen when Mahi meets this mysterious plane dude? Let me know!! :D