P R O L O U G E

This chapter is not meant to offend, harm, or insult anyone or anybody. This is made purely for entertainment. Thank you for understanding.

Hey everyone! Thanks for clicking :)

Some of you might be from YouTube, and some of you just might be from Wattpad. This AU was originally thought of as a YouTube series, but one of my commenters recommended it to be turned into a story. @Spotter the Otterfox on YouTube. You can view the YouTube videos by searching Countryhumans Tenebrous AU.

(Sorry if that seemed like self-promotion I just really don't want any of y'all to get lost.)

The United States is going to go by America in this fanfic.

Well, now that that's cleared, let's get on with the prologue!

:)

=====

984 words

⚠️ Warning: Language ⚠️

—Canada's POV—

Canada ended up just smashing the buttons on his controller, trying to get something good out of it. He couldn't lose this game. If he did, America's already big ego would grow even bigger.

"What? Button smashing?" America snickered, his gaze still focused on the TV screen. "You know that never works—"

America's character punched Canada's crazed one in the face. Canada's character flew off the stage, smoke following behind them.

"...I agree with Gringo. Canada, you can be so stupid sometimes." Mexico tutted, agreeing with America. Mexico was also playing the game, kicking ass.

Canada rolled his eyes at his friend. "Says the person who can barely tell time on an analog clock."

Mexico turned red, "Why use those, analog clocks when you can just have the numbered one?"

"Analog clocks are the OGs! The originals!"

"Exactly! They're outdated, Canada."

"That's—"

America suddenly cheered, pumping his fists into the air. Canada and Mexico grimaced in surprise. They turned towards the screen, which had America's character posing in front of a number one.

"HA! You losers were so distracted about some dumb clock that I won." America bragged, dragging out the I. Canada could already see America's inflated head.

Mexico stuck his tongue out like a child, throwing his controller down. "This game is rigged!" He yelled out randomly.

Canada just sighed at his friends antics, standing up. He had been sitting down for too long, Canada didn't even notice how much rounds and time passed. His legs felt like jelly. "Well. GG you two."

America also stood up, looking around his bedroom. The three had planned a 'hangout' as some would call it, at America's apartment. Most countries had to choose to live in either small, unknown places or busy, populated areas. This was supposed to keep them safe as assassins lurked everywhere.

"That wasn't a good game! I lost." Mexico pouted. He was totally a sore loser.

"What a sore loser." America grinned, speaking Canada's thoughts. America nudged Mexico's arm. "But it's okay man. You'll get me next time."

Mexico smiled slightly, a competitive glint in his eyes. "You bet I will."

Canada shakily walked over towards the door, trying to shake out the jiggles in his legs. "Hey, I'm going to get some snacks okay? Or do we just want to eat lunch already?"

America looked up at Canada. He shrugged. "Whatever is up to y'all."

"Can we eat lunch already? I'm starving." Mexico chimed in after America, setting up the plan. Canada nodded.

=====

Canada stuffed a box bought waffle into his mouth, wincing at the rubber like texture. Maybe a few more gallons of maple syrup will help.

"Is this seriously all you have, Gringo?" Mexico asked. He eyed the waffles on the dining table with distaste. Canada didn't blame him though.

"Well, sorry Mr. Fancy, but it's either this—" America motioned at the waffles, "—or the leftover Taco Bell I have in the fridge."

Mexico paused before snatching a waffle dramatically. He sniffed, "You know how I feel about that, Taco Bell. Says they're real Mexican food— there all lies." Mexico hissed the last sentence, muttering Taco Bell's name in vain.

America grinned. "See? I knew you would take the waffles—" He turned towards Canada. "—Right Canada?"

Canada just made a sound of agreement, too distracted with his own waffle. His own waffle that was currently soaked in, you guessed it, maple syrup.

The three continued to bicker and joke around, stuffing waffles into their mouths. Just about as they were finished with their lunch, America's phone dinged loudly.

America grabbed his phone off the table, looking through it. Canada and Mexico payed no attention though, still bickering almost comically about the newest trends.

They quickly quieted down though when America continued to scroll through his phone.

"Hey, Americaaaa? What's on so interesting on your phone huh?" Mexico grinned, leaning in towards America to try and see what was on the phone screen.

Canada nodded, a smirk ghosting his face. "Yeah bro. You better not be suddenly watching po—"

"I have a new boss." America spoke up, interrupting Canada before he could finish his sentence. America faced the phone towards his friends.

The screen showed a series of texts between America and one of his workers, discussing about the new president.

"Dang, how did we forget about your election? It's usually the biggest thing this time around." Canada joked.

"Well I'm supposed to meet him tomorrow—" America sheepishly grinned, "—since I wasn't their for the election."

"Wow, Ame. Just wow." Mexico snickered. "Lacking on your duties?"

"Whatever." America rolled his eyes. "But since I'm meeting up with the new boss I have to miss the World Meeting."

"UN's going to kill you y'know." Canada said. "You're required to attend all World Meetings since, you know, you're like a Founding Father or something."

"Let's just hope for the best." America shrugged. "And plus—

—I want to see what my new boss is like!"

=====

Thanks for reading this far!

Okay so this chapter is just a little bit shorter than normal, but then again it's just the prologue. I haven't wrote anything in a while, really, so please bear with me. 💀

I've always thought of Canada, America, and Mexico being like best buds— always fighting with each other. Is that just me?

Anyways, should America have a Southern accent or a New Yorkers accent? (A New Yorkers accent sounds like Cuphead from the Cuphead show.)

Well— goodbye! I'll hopefully see you next time and make sure to take care of yourselves. :)

:)

This chapter is not meant to offend, harm, or insult anyone or anybody. This is made purely for entertainment. Thank you for understanding.