15-21

Chapter 15: Scheming Woman

Fang Yusheng walked to his seat and sat down. He calmly said, “Sorry for the delay.”

Seeing him take his seat, the others stopped their conversation.

Fang Yusheng hadn’t put on sunglasses today, but his eyelids were closed as though he were sleepwalking.

Qiao Jiuyin scooped a bowl of porridge for Fang Yusheng and handed it to him.

“Thank you,” Fang Yusheng said to Qiao Jiuyin.

Qiao Jiuyin replied that it was nothing much. She then walked to Fang Mu and sat down.

Fang Yusheng touched the edge of the bowl, then reached out for the spoon. He scooped a spoonful of hot porridge, blew on it, and brought it to his mouth. The action was very beautiful. Just as Fang Yusheng put the porridge into his mouth, a slight frown appeared on his face. Almost no one in the Fang family knew that the Fang family’s eldest young master was allergic to eggs.

However, since he didn’t want anyone to discover his weakness, Fang Yusheng scooped another spoonful of porridge and ate it as though nothing had happened.

When the meal finished, Fang Yusheng felt that his skin was burning. He found an excuse and left the hall.

Looking at his graceful back view, Fang Yuqing casually said to Qiao Jiuyin, “I wonder what kind of a woman would gain Brother Yusheng’s favor.”

Qiao Jiuyin smiled and replied, “She’ll naturally be an outstanding beauty.”

Fang Yuqing snorted and proudly said, “Of course, after all, he’s my Brother Yusheng.” She gave him a thumbs up.

Qiao Jiuyin got a little curious, so she asked, “Do you admire him?”

“Yeah.”

“Why?”

Fang Yuqing pinched the sleeve of her floral dress and shyly said, “He’s so handsome.”

Qiao Jiuyin was speechless.

She shook her head. Fang Yuqing was a little girl after all. Qiao Jiuyin gazed at Fang Mu, who was answering a call in the courtyard. Her eyes became filled with pride. Fang Mu was not bad-looking either. He was handsome, and on top of that, he had outstanding abilities. Women liked men like him the most.

After the meal, she and Fang Mu returned to their own courtyard.

As they walked on the way, Fang Mu suddenly said, “Xiao Sheng, if you don’t like it, you can reject it.”

The puzzled Qiao Jiuyin asked, “What?”

Fang Mu guiltily looked at her and said, “You said before that the thing you hate the most is sitting with a group of women to drink tea and gossip. Just now, Aunt Xu asked you to go to the tea party with her. You can reject her.” Fang Mu had married Qiao Jiusheng because he wanted her to be happy, not to make things difficult for her.

The Qiao sisters looked the same, but their personalities were different.

Qiao Jiusheng had a carefree personality. She loved freedom and was the most unrestrained person. On the other hand, Qiao Jiuyin was well-educated and well-mannered. She often attended tea parties and cocktail parties. The rich madams in Yang City greatly favored her. Therefore, when Xu Pingfei had casually mentioned it this morning, Qiao Jiuyin had agreed without hesitation.

Thus, when she heard Fang Mu mention this matter, she panicked. She became afraid that Fang Mu would sense that something was amiss. Qiao Jiuyin quickly said, “Brother Mu, after I marry you, I’ll be the second young mistress of the Fang family first, then the second young mistress of the Qiao family. I can’t step away from certain occasions.”