241-250 (Truth Revealed)

Chapter 241: Not Embarrassed

After the policewoman was done tying the bandage, she looked up and realized that Qiao Jiusheng was staring at her with an indescribably complicated gaze. It surprised the policewoman, and a faint smile appeared on her beautiful but pretentious face.

She wanted to ask Qiao Jiusheng the reason for that gaze.

However, when the words escaped her mouth, they turned into: “Miss, don’t worry too much. Your Sir’s gunshot wound is not fatal. He will be fine after resting for a while.”

Fang Yusheng held Qiao Jiusheng’s hand and comfortingly nodded at her. He said, “I’m fine. I won’t die.”

“Shut up and stop talking! Save your energy,” Qiao Jiusheng roared at Fang Yusheng, but her heart was at ease.

Looking at the policewoman’s face, Qiao Jiusheng endured it. In the end, she could not help but ask her, “Officer, what’s your name?”

The policewoman pointed at her police uniform and smiled. This smile made her face look even more beautiful. Her looks made it like she was wasting her time being a police officer. If she were to become a celebrity, she could leave behind more than half of the female celebrities in the entertainment industry. “My surname is Wu, Jiaren Wu. I just graduated from the police academy and am still interning.”

“Jiaren?” Qiao Jiusheng’s heart ached.

She stared at Jiaren Wu’s face as many scenes from her previous life flashed past her mind.

***

Under the old locust tree in the nursing home, Wei Shuyi held a pencil and gently wiped off the face on the paper. That face was bright and beautiful. She was the moonlight in Wei Shuyi’s heart, the culprit who made him worry for the rest of his life.

Her name was Jiaren Wu, and she had died when she was 26 years old.

Although she was dead, she was still alive in Wei Shuyi’s memory.

“The reason I draw this person’s face over and over again is that I’m afraid I’ll forget her appearance if time passes. The reason I wipe away every painting over and over again is that I’ll miss her when I see it.” The aged Wei Shuyi pointed at his heart. His distant and turbid eyes carried some injuries, nostalgia, and pain. “It hurts so much to look at her.”

***

Wei Shuyi’s words reverberated in Qiao Jiusheng’s mind.

Qiao Jiusheng stared at Jiaren Wu’s face. From Wei Shuyi’s drawings, Qiao Jiusheng knew that Jiaren Wu must be a beauty. Just like her name, the Wu family had a woman, a beauty who could topple cities. Seeing her in person, Qiao Jiusheng felt that Jiaren Wu’s beauty was even more dazzling than that on the drawings.

Qiao Jiusheng did not know how Jiaren Wu had died, and Wei Shuyi had never told her either. After all, it was the pain in his heart. Even if the pain tortured him, he was unwilling to share everything related to Jiaren Wu with others.

At the thought of Jiaren Wu’s outcome, Qiao Jiusheng felt a sense of pity.

She did not know if Jiaren Wu and Wei Shuyi would get to know each other at this time. Will they still meet and leave each other according to their previous lives?

Qiao Jiusheng could not help but ask Jiaren Wu, “Miss Wu, do you know someone called Wei Shuyi?”

Jiaren Wu shook her head and casually smiled. “Wei Shuyi? Who?” She looked confused. “Among all the people I know, there is no one with the surname Wei. I don’t know Wei Shuyi.” At this moment, Jiaren Wu said that person’s name without a care in the world. She never thought that these three words would become the three words she loved the most in her life.