Favor.

~ ❦ ~

I quietly walk down the meek and dimly lit hallway.

Walking straight to my desk. I let down my bag before taking a seat and sighed. I legitimately hate this place.

My eyes look across the sea of half awake bodies walking back and forth and a signature sinking feeling of dread that I feel comes over me. I watched under my lashes as a mixture of people I didn't like or didn't fill the place until I spotted him in the bundle.

My eyes immediately followed him.

He decided to wear his usual clothing. A form fitting white button up and brown dress pants with matching shoes.

I could see the few black strands of his hair peeking beneath the hood as he made his way to his cubicle. My arms began to sweat when I saw him walking down my row. I look away and stare straight at my desk as I see him getting even closer.

I could feel his eyes on me but I refused to look up. The moment he passed me, I released the breath that I was holding.

Every time he's near me, fear courses through me.

Why? Because Jinsu Kim was so fucking hot. To be honest, I don't even understand it. I barely know him and he doesn't know me but I still was crushing so hard.

Mr. Finsel, the office supervisor walked inside the office. A few more colleagues entered seconds later before he gave his usual announcements. After he was done my eyes immediately focused on my work, writing down everything that will help me pass our upcoming project. I was deep into my work when I felt a firm tug on one of my curls.

Turning quickly, I looked behind me to tell whoever it was behind to stop when I find Jinsu's vibrant and piercing eyes. He had a small smile as his hand played with the tips of my hair.

I smiled nervously at him and quickly turned back around not daring to say a word to him.

A few minutes went by as I waited for him to stop, however he just kept playing in my hair as I tensely tried to focus. Just then I heard a deep growl from behind me. Risking it, I turned to find Jinsu looking up at me with a disappointed look.

I looked down at his desk to avoid his eyes when I caught sight of his phone screen. It was a picture of Ariana grande.

I blinked before looking back at him. The man was still there, with a look of impatience. I opened my mouth and then closed it. I couldn't find the words. I cleared my throat at this and exhaled through my nose, causing my nose to flair slightly. He watched every action intently.

"Hey.. You're Summer Jackson, right?" Jinsu asks curiously with his ever so bright smile.

My head tilts to the side as my vision narrowed in on the man before me. On earth was he talking to me of all people?

I looked up at him with uncertainty. "Umm.. Yeah I am"

"I'm Jinsu and-"

"I know who you are" I interrupted him unintentionally.

He laughed. "Right.. well I saw you working on the company project and I was actually wondering if you would be able to help me with mine for the upcoming deadline" He asked.

My eyes twinkled in amusement. "Sure," I say, trying to hide my excitement by sounding a bit disinterested.

Those plump lips of his turned up in a grin. "Great, can I get your number?"

"Yeah... Umm.." I fumble in my bag to quickly take out my phone. I was definitely not the best when it comes to remembering my phone number, I also have to look to make sure it is correct.

I take out my phone and give him my number for him to save in his phone.

"Alright.. thank you" He waved off before turning around and going back to his own cubicle.

I eventually went back to work.

Time went by rather quickly as I was rather hyped on the random interaction with Jinsu.

As lunch time approached and I was finishing up I gathered all my papers, I stuffed them carelessly into my folders. I remained seated, hoping to wait out the crowd of people stampeding their way to the door.

When all was clear, I stood up, waved weakly to the supervisor and trudged outside the office and into the bleak hallways. On my wait for the elevator I go in my bag to get my little compact mirror, studying my reflection. My dark brown curly hair was up in a half up half down, giving a perfect view of my face. My eyes stared back at me and I sighed heavily at the blatant lack of effort I had given into my appearance when getting ready this morning.

"You can keep looking, but it won't change what you look like" A voice sneered teasingly from behind me.

I whirled on my heels to come face to face with Lauren Sanders otherwise referred to as the girl who just loves to bother everyone every chance she gets.

"What are you staring at?" Lauren snapped yet she was smiling.

It was evident in her eyes that she was aware that people envied her. She liked the fact that people would do anything to look like her. However, this only encouraged it, acting as a means for her to showcase her beauty.

She chuckled to herself. "You're so pathetic" She squeaked, looking down at her nails.  

Tears threatened to sting my eyes at the remark. I ignore her slide remark and just walk away.

As I passed by, a small few looked in sympathy. Nonetheless, none of them stood up for me. It's not like I expected them to, I'm as much of a coward as they are.

Walking down the hallways I try to find one of the many company exits when I paused in my tracks.

There, walking in my direction with his friends, was Jinsu Kim. I looked at a group of girls smiling subtly in their direction, no doubt competing with their friends for his attention and all the guys smiled and greeted him as though he was their best friend. Hell, everyone wished to be his best friend.

He smiled cockily, walking down the hallway as if it was his personal property.

His muscles were big and taut and every now and then he would smile flirtatiously at a girl, as they practically pleaded for his mere presence. This made him laugh raucously, his brown eyes twinkling with amusement.

He strode confidently down the walkway.

His black hair was tousled. He laughed alongside his friends, lifting his head into the air ever so slightly. Just then he was suddenly in front of me.

"Are you going out for lunch?" He asked curiously.

I simply nodded my head. "Yeah, I'm going to get some a little sandwich from subway"

His hands were stuffed in his pockets, smiling as his eyes were on me. "Mind if I join you?" He randomly asked and I was immediately in shock.

I've been working here for a few months and today of all days this man that I've been crushing on just wants to hang out with me like this. I almost don't believe this is real but he's standing right in front of me so it must be.

"Yeah, of course you can," I muttered simply.