Lunch.

~ ❦ ~

I let out a loud sigh in anticipation.

Waiting patiently for Jinsu to respond to my text. I quickly re-read what he said a few seconds ago, my cheeks heated reading every sentence.

I looked around the office to see if anyone had noticed, and then realized how ridiculous that was. We texted till the wee hours of the night, and honestly it's just so overwhelming. I unconsciously bounced my knee up and down as I continued to wait. I wonder what he's gonna say?

I hiss in slight pain as my back hits the back of my chair.

"What's wrong, Summer?"

Hearing the familiar voice of Jinsu, I turned my head up to see his handsome face hovering over my desk. He had a little granola snack in his hand, his eyes gazing casually when taking a big bite into it. He looked so good, even chewing.

"I got a tattoo yesterday and I'm still a little sore" I say as I watch him take a second bite.

"Oh really, that's cool" His voice slightly muffled from the food. He moved himself from in front of my desk to the side of me so that I could see his full body. "Can I see it?"

"I would have to take off my shirt to show you"

A sly little grin appeared on his lips for a brief moment. "I'm guessing you don't want to do that then?" He says and laughs a little leaving me to do the same.

"Maybe when we're not in the office" I suggest jokingly even though I totally would if he said yes.

We both just continued laughing casually until our manager came walking around and Jinsu ran to his desk to avoid being reprimanded.

As the rest of my colleagues would arrive the idle chit chat would begin and productivity would decline immensely and this was a day I needed to be productive. The next day I had a presentation I needed to give to my bosses and I wanted to ensure it was perfect. I wanted to make a good impression, and prove to them that they were right in hiring me.

Time went on gradually till it was almost lunch time.

Finishing my last sentence, I then get up from my desk and grab my bag before heading out to catch the elevator. Just the same as last time, Jinsu was suddenly in front of nowhere.

"You're gonna eat lunch with me again?" He asks with a growing smile.

"Won't your friends miss you?"

He shrugs. "Don't worry, I'll eat with them tomorrow since you are so worried about them"

Just like that he took me to the super fancy cafe on the corner. I've never been before, because it looked so pricey.

We managed to grab the only remaining table and sat facing each other. For a moment neither of us spoke, and we just watched each other. Seeing him here, in a more casual setting, I was struck anew by how even more handsome he was, and just how striking.

"Can I take your order?" I looked up, the young, pretty waitress was waiting expectantly with a small note pad.

"I'll have the steak," Jinsu said, "medium rare."

After quickly jotting down his order the waitress looked in my direction. "Erm," I looked at the menu and realized I had no idea what I wanted.

"You'll like the chicken and feta salad," Jinsu suggested.

Not feeling up to waist any more time than needed I of course just nod in accordance, can't really go wrong with a salad. "Oh, thanks, yes I'll have that please"

"We'll also have a bottle of the Viognier" He added before handing back his menu. Surreptitiously, I glanced at my phone to see the time. I wanted to ask how long it would take for the food to arrive. "I know you have a meeting with Frank at two, but you don't have anything scheduled before that?"

I frowned, thinking, how did he know that? "No, but I need to get on with the-"

"That doesn't have to be in till tuesday" He interrupts and my mouth falls open in a bit of confusion.

"How did you know that?" I asked curious.

"I'm the head of operations, I can see your schedule along with everyone else's"

Before I could reply our food arrived. That was fairly fast. She placed our food down on the table and I took a second to admire the amazing smile coming from the plates. I was indeed very hungry.

The waitress arrived with a bottle and poured a small amount into Jinsu's glass.

I watched while he took a decent sip, his eyes fell closed for a moment, when he opened them, he nodded. He was even sexy when he was tasting wine. The waitress then went for mine and I immediately covered it with my hand. "No thank you," I smiled politely and she of course set the bottle down and left.

After the waitress departed Jinsu suddenly picked up the wine bottle she left and filled my glass. "I can't drink while, we have to get back to work after this"

"It's alright I promise, it's just one little glass," He insisted kindly.

Not wanting to be combative I just took a sip. One drink is seriously not gonna hurt me.

"So, what made you get a tattoo?"

Startled by the sudden shift in our conversation, I looked down at my plate. "I don't know, my step brother is a pretty big inspiration in my life. He's fairly tatted up and he's even a tattoo artist so he did mines on the house"

"That's cool, you think you could get your bro to give me a tat for free or something?"

Under the table, Jinsu's knee pressed against my thigh as we were eating. My mind could hardly focus and it took me a moment to find my words. "Umm.. I could ask but I can't guarantee a free tattoo. He might be able to give you a discount though"

I met his gaze, and nodded. His face lit up and pretty much instantly my stomach clenched.

Feeling the tension build a bit I awkwardly averted my gaze away and went straight to my food.

The bill arrived on a plate, discreetly tucked into a leather wallet, but I managed to catch sight of the total before he grabbed it. It came to over a hundred pounds. He took out his card.

"Let me get half" I say as I reach to grab my bag.

"Don't, I got it..." He insisted. I sighed, but just nodded in agreement to let him pay.