Chapter Fourteen

Kitten rushes into the spa with her head held down and her shades brushing up her eyelashes. The past week has been hell and the last thing she needs is to be recognized by one of her exes friends.

"Hello ma'am, are you okay?" The receptionist asks as she bends her knees trying to get a good look at Kitten's face.

It's not like it's battered this week woman give me space Kitten thought as she placed her purse on the desk.

"I'm doing just fine, I called ahead of time and set up an appointment. Is this where I check-in?" Kitten asks with a tired attitude.

The receptionist hums politely and took her information. Once done, Kitten happily bounced her way to the women's changing room. The spa was her favorite place to go with Yohani and Greg when they were friends, now she is here to get over them.

Kitten changed into her olive green robe and locked up her purse in her locker. She took out her phone and snapped a picture of locker number. It was the hardest thing to remember at the end of the day of having your mind completely on cloud nine.

Kitten yawned and gave a good stretch, cracking some bones in the process.

"Oof, sounds like you came just in time for a treatment," a voice sounds from next to her.

Kitten turns to see a bubbly, pale girl smiling at her with her pink glossed lips. Kitten raised an eyebrow as she looked over the girl from her pink-dyed tips on her blonde hair, her fake brown freckles, and glaring green eyes.

The pit of her stomach rolled into a knot as she realized she was staring at Lilah, one of Zach's most frequent fucks. The girl he cheated on Kitten the most with. Kitten hated her and she thrived off of it.

"Hey, don't I know you? Aren't you Zach's girl?" She asks with fake curiosity.

Kitten shivered at the sound of his name coming out of her mouth. If she was unhinged, her fist wouldn't mind meeting Lilah's face, but the last thing she need is for this one to be a snitch.

"We broke up," Kitten mutters.

"Oh! You're a kitten without a leash now?" She cackles at her joke.

Kitten rolled her eyes and made her way to her massage. Lilah laughter still in the background. Since leaving Yohani and Greg, Kitten has come to realize that the only person that could really protect her was herself. And it usually means walking away from battles she wants to win.

Walking into the sun lit room that was manipulated by windows to give off a golden hour glow, Kitten laid on the white cloth body table in the center of the room. Hot oil poured down her back and the soft touch of her masseuse sent all stressful thoughts out of Kittens head. Her body melted into bliss and she allowed herself to relax.

When she would come here with Yohani and Greg, it was really just a great girls day with her and Yohani. She always chose the best drinks and massages and they would gossip in the sauna.

Back then Yohani felt like a fair-weather friend. She never opened up about herself or some of the functions of her and Greg's relationship. She was more of the listener between the two. Though she would drop an occasional flirt line here or there.

Feeling a tap on her shoulder, Kitten sat up and stretched on the board. She thanked her masseuse and moved on to have pedicure and facials.

Yohani's favorite was a pomegranate facial, she adored the scrub on her skin. Kitten could remember herself ogling over Yohani as she sat in the chair next to her. Yohani would always catch her and give her a peak through her robe. Just a tease.

Kitten chuckled softly to herself. At least she has these memories to hold on too. A soft rumble emits from her tummy and Kitten gave a celebratory wiggle. It's time for a sandwiches, cute cheese platters, and wine.

Swaying into the dressing room, wanting to put on something a bit more comfortable so she could visit the small bar in the spa.

Looking down the rows of many lockers, Kitten groans forgetting completely what her locker number was. Pulling her phone out of her pockets, she checks her photos and sucks her teeth, "I knew it B97."

Marching down the right row, Kitten stopped in front of her her locker and placed in the combination code.

"I just don't understand how he doesn't feel what I feel about the situation. The girl is a liar, a crook, a cheater and he is just smitten," a woman groans from a few rows over.

Kitten clenched her teeth, peeving at their loud conversation. Some things you should just whisper she thought.

"You sound jealous," her friend snorts in a bit of laughter.

"I am not jealous, my husband is obsessed with me and will always be, she's just on his mind for the moment and it's irritating."

Kitten's breath caught in her throat, that voice was familiar. Clenching her robe, Kitten looked around at the slightly bare room. Nobody should notice if she was smart enough to just walk pass their row on the way to the cafe.

Kitten grabbed her things and walked to other side of the rows and followed the voices.

"I just can't believe you brought a third into your bedroom, did you go down on her or did you let him have his fun?" Her friend squeaky giggles sounding the room.

"I don't want to talk about it anymore, you know, there's nothing like baring your insecurities to someone and they just stab you in the back," the woman sighs.

Kitten audibly gasped and jumped to the other side of lockers when she saw Bunni leaning against the lockers, hiding behind her hair, baring her heart out to Chelsea, Kitten's new boss.

Kitten could feel a lump building in her throat. She had to get out of there before any more scandals walk through the door. There's always food and liquor at home.

"I wish I could meet that bitch from the beach one more time, show her how I treat cheaters in the community," Bunni snaps, slamming her fist against the lockers, causing Kitten to jump in her hiding place.

"Honey, calm down, she's not here and you don't have to worry about someone no where near your tax bracket okay?" Chelsea laughs.

Bunni sighed as the sound of their locker doors closing echoed through the room.

Her heart stopped beating as she watched Bunni walk out with pissed off look on her face. Chelsea right behind her with her honey brown hair up in a bun and a towel around her waist.

Kitten sighed in disbelief. This world is too small.