The Start Of Torture

6:45

   I rubbed my eyes as I woke up and looked over at my alarm clock. As usual, I woke up early and had plenty of time to myself. I rolled myself out of bed and let my feet guide me straight to my balcony. I peer over at the house next door, a soft sigh flowed out between my lips as I thought about my best friend, Mia. She use to live there, but moved a month ago. We use to sneak over each others house since our balcony weren't that far apart. We would hang out all night resulting in us falling asleep and then waking up in a hurry to get back over to our respected houses. She was the only friend I had, but now, she's gone because of a stupid business offer her dad got.

  Seeing how empty it look now dampened my mood, but I couldn't help wonder who might move in next. I turned away from the sad sight opting to get ready now so I don't have to rush and headed out straight to the bathroom. I proceed to brush my teeth then go through my skin and shower routine. 45 minutes and several concerts and imaginary conversations later, I got out and slipped into my short fluffy baby blue robe. I exited back into my room, walking over to my closet and pulled out my favorite matching black bra and undies set, black skinny jeans and a plain blue long sleeve v-neck shirt. After getting dressed I turn to my full length mirror and gave myself a once over. I shook my hair out deciding to let it hang free today before making my way down the stairs to the kitchen.

   A note on the counter caught my eye knowing it would be from my mom and dad saying that they're not gonna be home until late tonight. I crumbled it up and threw it in the trash can. Even though I'm use to it, having parents in high level careers sometimes sucks when you can't even enjoy them. My father was a surgeon and my mother is a highly sought after event planner. I brushed off my disappointment and opened the refrigerator door and looked around inside for a brief moment before closed the door again after seeing nothing appealing. I ended up grabbing an apple from the fruit basket as I grabbed my bag from the counter and left my house. 

  I slid into my car and started it up only to hear the soft humming of it coming to life die just moments later roared to life. I pressed the start button once more in hopes of a different outcome, which I got since this time it didn't even start. 

  I groaned resting my head down on the wheel. Could this day get any worse? I grabbed my bag off the passenger seat, got out my car and  began on my journey to school.

    My legs were killing me and I was only halfway to school. A slick black Mercedes pull up next to me and roll down the window. I tensed ready to defend myself when I hear a deep, husky "Hey there, beautiful" from an all too familiar voice. 

  This can't be happening. I stopped in my tracks and turned to see the one and only Jacob Rease. Perfect timing.

  "What do you want?" I bitterly asked him as I proceeded to keep on walking.

  "Come on, don't act like that." He said teasingly and started to slowly drive next to me.

  Curse these empty streets. "Like what?" I said sarcastically.

   "Like that. Now, come on let me give you a ride."

    I stopped and gave him a dirty look. "Why would I ever want get a ride from you?" 

  "Maybe because it's another 10 minute walk to school from here and by the time you get there the late bell will ring and I know little Miss Perfect Attendance doesn't want to be late." He stated matter-a-factually. I crossed my arms and scowled at him weighing out my options which didn't really leave me any option since he was right.

 "Fine." I muttered. He leaned over and pushed the door open for me. I got in and slammed the door shut on purpose because I knew that most guys hated when people do that. He flashed me a death glare  which I replied to with an innocent smile. He put the car in drive and stepped on the pedal with sent the car forward with speed just as I put on my seat belt causing my head to be sent back hard into the headrest. I looked at him from the corner of my eye and saw a mischievous smile on his face. "Jerk."