Chapter 1.

We see Drake entering his cave, and seeing his hoard untouched till this day. He admired all of his treasures, and trinkets. Each one had a story of their own. He then stopped at a plaque that had all of his children's names engraved on it, and as well as his mate's name. Saphira. The only picture in existence of his family was in his head, and he had a long memory. He cried, and shouted, and cursed countless times for them. There were days he'd wake up wishing that it was some sort of a nightmare, and that his mate would be beside him once more, but it never happened. With time he learned to accept what happened and moved on with his life. He wasn't getting any younger or older.

With time he began to travel the world and experience everything a hundred times over. He was the first to do a lot of things, experience things that were dangerous for a mortal being. He's seen Empires rise and fall. The things he's seen and do were amazing things, and he continued to see it all. He then heard of a Hotel for Monsters, and felt that he could use a nice vacation so he packed what he needed and headed out.

Drake:
I miss you, Saphira.

He then set out to find this Hotel.

We see Thorn sitting at her window staring out into the world. More than anything, she wanted to set out and see the world. She then began to play her guitar.

As she was singing her father managed to sneak into her room, and listen to her sing. She had a beautiful singing voice and he loved to hear her sing, but as the years gone by, it was as if her love for the music was being drained. He knew she wanted to see the world, but he wanted to keep her, and Mavis safe. As she finished singing she looks to her father.

Dracula:
Hello my little Thornbush.

Thorn:
Hey dad.

She said with a sad voice.

Dracula:
What's wrong?

Thorn:
I want to see what's out there. I want to see the world, and experience things.

Dracula:
But you have everything you could ever want here, why would want to leave with those humans out there?

Thorn:
I want to see for myself. I'm 119 years old. I want to live my own life. Don't I deserve that?

She looks at him with sadness in her eyes. He had nothing to say to her, so she gestured for him to leave.

Thorn:
Don't worry, dad. I'm still gonna sing a Mavis' birthday.

She then waves her hand, and the door closed in his face.

Shrunken head:
Mmm-hmmm. Guess she told you.

In an fit of irritation he shuts her up by closing her mouth with a cloth and walked away.

He then went over to see about Mavis who had just returned from her first experience in the village nearby.

Shrunken head:
Where you been? Why you sneaking around?

Dracula:
Shh. Quiet.(knocks on door) Sweetheart, have you returned so soon?

Mavis:
Oh. Come in, Dad.

Dracula:
How'd it go? How was the big world? How was it out there? It was okay, Dad.
What? What's the matter?