liar🥀

warnings: yelling, swearing, drugs(marijuana and ketamine)

///////
eddiexreader- you find something in your boyfriend, eddie's room that you didn't know was there and when you confront him about it. it turns into a big fight.
////////

i've been dating eddie for almost a year now. its been a crazy ride but at the end of the day i love him and need him. when we first started dating, we were both seniors in high school. i had no idea what i was going to do after high school. and he never thought he was gonna make it out. he was failing most of his classes, not planning on going to college, and he was dealing to almost every hawkins high schooler. when we graduated, i made him promise me he would never deal again. if he wanted a future with me. then that future can't be with him behind bars. and he hasn't been dealing, he has a job. he works weekend nights, and sometimes he randomly gets called in. i don't know much about it but i know he makes a decent amount of money.

i work two jobs right now. we both have been saving up for a while now so we can both move out of this town and to some big city. right now i'm living with eddie in his uncles trailer. his uncle works nights, sleeps during the day and is usually out and about during the afternoon so we usually had the trailer to ourselves which i like.

i'm on my way home from work now. it was a pretty late saturday night, around 2am. Eddie gets off soon so he should be home in about a half hour. i pull into the driveway and park my car out front of the trailer. the park was silent. i turn off the engine and step out the car, locking it behind me. the dry grass crunches under my feet and the cold fall breeze blows through my hair and sends chills down my spine. i walk up to the door and step inside the house, closing the door behind me and locking it.

i slip my shoes off by the door and walk straight to Eddie's bedroom, where i immediately start taking off my work uniform. i throw it on the ground and start grabbing clothes to change into. i grab some pajama pants and slip them on. i check myself in the mirror. i look completely exhausted. there are bags under my eyes and my hair is a big frizzy mess.

i've been running on caffeine and cigarettes for the past few days and you can tell. the only thing that i look forward to is eddie getting home so we can watch movies and cuddle. i take off my polo shirt and throw on the ground then start rifling through eddie's closet. i find one of his tshirts and as i pull it out of the closet i see something behind it. behind all the clothes hanging up.

i slip the tshirt on, and then curiously start moving all the clothes over on the rack to reveal the wall behind it more clearly. there was what looked to be an opening in the wall. it looked like the outline of a rectangle. it wasn't a door, there was no handle or henges. just a piece of the wall was slightly raised from the rest of the wall. i quickly look around me to find something to pry it open with. i see my car keys atop of eddie's dresser and i grab them, bringing them over to the wall. really hope i'm not just destroying eddie's wall over nothing. i insert the key in the crack and start prying it open. the panel of the wall fell straight out, it didn't take much force. there was an open space behind that piece of wall. and in the small open space was a cardboard box.

i start to get that feeling in my stomach. that tightness of worry. i grab the box, it was pretty big but small enough for me to hold it in my arms. i carry it over to the floor by the bed and set it down. maybe it's just eddie's porn collection that he felt the need to hide in the wall? there has to be another explanation to what's inside than where my mind first went to.

i slide down with my back against the side of the bed. there's that lump in my throat. something is telling me to not open it, just put it back and never mention it ever again. i don't wanna see what's inside but i have to.

i shift the box over to be in front of me. i take one hard swallow before slowly opening the box. my eyes start to form tears as i take a look inside.

bags. multiple big bags, not only full of weed but full of bottles of ketamine and unlabeled bottles of pills. each bag had a name on it. names i don't recognize. i feel tears run down my face.