crush💫

warnings: cussing

////////
eddiexfemreader- you've had a crush on eddie since middle school but today you are finally gonna ask him if he feels the same
////////

today was the day. i can't even think straight. i sit in class watching the time. my leg bouncing up and down under the desk making a tapping noise. today was the day i tell eddie that i like him.

god. it sounds like i'm in middle school.

but i do like him. me and my best friend robin talked about it all yesterday and they are the ones that talked me in to telling him. we've been friends since middle school, not close or anything. we sometimes would hang out and say hi in the halls but recently we've started seeing each other more and more. and i've come to like him more and more. he's really kind and funny. and for some reason he makes me feel home. if that makes sense. either way today is the day.

we are meeting up after school. out in the woods at the picnic table. he said it's the best place to be alone.

so now i'm in math class, only thinking about what i am gonna say while watching the time.

only 4 more minutes.

i was wearing an outfit i planned out. a long sleeve black tshirt underneath a blondie tshirt. i have ripped blue jeans on with that and then finishing it off, my black boots. i did my makeup aswell.

its not necessarily the cutest outfit but i had to keep it on the low since i'm at school. i had a dress i wanted to wear but it's 'too short' for this stupid fucking school. even though it goes below my fingertips.

2 more minutes.

the panic is starting to kick in. what if he's weirded out or what if he secretly like hates me or something. what if i'm setting myself up for failure?

1 more minute.

what if he thinks i'm ugly? or thinks i'm stupid. what if he doesn't even show up? no. eddie's not like that. i know him. but do i?

ugh i hate my brain

*ring*

that's the bell. this is it. it's fucking happening. i stuff my notebook and pen in my backpack and pick up my stuff then rush out the classroom. the halls are already full of students rushing out the doors. i run past everyone straight to the exit. luckily my last class is close to the door. i run outside and stop for  second when i step out. i look around and see a small opening into the woods. i take a deep breath and then start speed walking over to it. i wanna get there before eddie does because i need to figure out exactly what i'm gonna say.

i enter the woods and start walking over tree branches and crunching leaves under my feet. it was autumn so when i looked up, my eyes were met with a beautiful range of orange and yellow. the cool air gave me goosebumps and made my jeans stiff.

when i finally made it to the picnic table, i was slightly out of breath and my toes were a little numb. i set my bag down on the ground next to the table and then sat down on the bench connected to it.

now i started to go over everything i could say.
'would you ever wanna yaknow hangout?' no. definitely not that. 'i've been in love with you since the 7th grade.' absolutely not. are you trying to scare him? 'so you're single. i'm single. wanna change that?' no no no no. 'am i a photographer? because i can picture us together.' god. i swear if i end up embarrassing myself then i'll have to jump off a cliff.

i don't know what to say. i start to panic a little bit. i feel my leg start bouncing up and down again. i start taking deep breaths to calm myself. everything's gonna be okay. everything's gonna be fine. you can do this. it's okay.

everything is totally and completely okay.

"hey." i jump and jerk my head over my shoulder to see eddie standing behind me. "jesus." i say with a smile growing after the fact.

"sorry. didn't mean to sneak up on you." he says and then walks around to the other side of the table and sits across from me. that smile. that fucking stupid smile of his. the way his dimples show and his perfect teeth.

"so? what did you wanna talk to me about?" he continues on taking me out of my gaze. "oh. um yaknow. i just..." i stare at him blankly. trying to find something to say so i won't sound like a complete idiot. "well..." my eyes search around the table as my mind grasps for the words. i look up again and see eddie looking at me with the biggest phase of confusion. it was cute though.

"are you good?" he lets out a laugh with it and then his face turns to a comfort and concern for me. "yeah. i just, i need to tell you something. i just don't really know how." as the words come out, i regret saying them. i wanted to act cool and confident and now i'm just coming off a desperate and weird. "well. whatever it is, you can tell me. there's no need to like be nervous. just talk to me." there are those perfect teeth showing through his grin again. "i don't know if i can." i say softly. "hm." he says and then moves his head back a little bit.

"well what if i close my eyes?" he suggests. i furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "what?" i ask. he stands up and quickly steps over the bench and backing away from the table a little bit. "here." he then puts his hands over his eyes. "can you tell me now?" he asks goofily. i couldn't help but to start giggling. "or how about i spin in circles?" he takes his hand off his face and starts spinning around in a little circle while tripping over his own feet. "or wait. i got an idea! i'll play dead." he then drops to the ground, closes his eyes, and sticks his tongue out, pretending to be dead. my lips stay sealed to keep my laughter in. he opens his eyes back up and looks at me, "can you tell me now?" he asks.

"i don't think so." i laugh out quietly. his lips close and he gives me a funny frown. then stands up quickly and walks over to my side of the table. surprised, i scoot over the slightest bit. he then sits down right next to me and swings one leg over the bench so he's directly facing me. "how about now?" he asks. "just you and me." he gives me a smile. not a goofy one or a sarcastic one. a genuine smile. my cheeks turn a shade of pink.

i don't know how to describe the feeling i'm feeling but i know it's feels right. i've wondered for so long how to tell him i like him but i think the best way is the truth. "i like you." i say. but the minute i say it, nervousness fills my body. my face goes pale for a second and i see his face light up with surprise. "i've liked you for a long time and just didn't think that you could ever like me back so i never said anything, but now that we've been hanging out more i thought there was a possibility, not that i assume you like me like that just because you hang out with me and i know i sound like a scared middle schooler." i ramble on without being able to stop. "you don't have to like me back, don't feel bad for just telling me to fuck off. but i needed to tell you because i just really really like you and im sorry if-" i'm interrupted by the feeling of lips touching mine.

i froze. was eddie munson kissing me? i close my eyes and kiss back, moving my lips in sync with his. his skin against mine felt so perfect. i place my hand on his cheek, holding his face and pushing myself forward to deepen the kiss. it feels unreal, like i'm dreaming.

we pull away. it was the most perfect thing. for a second we just stare at each other blankly. the tension was fallen and we could see it in each other's eyes. i think there might've been tears forming in mine.

his teeth start to show as he smiles. my heart melts as he does it and even i have a goofy smile plastered on my face now. i laugh a little under my breath. "so we did that." i whispered. he laughs, looks down and then back up at me. "so we did." he replies.

i raise my eyebrows and shake my head in a confused type of way. "i don't understand." i say and then smile. he looks away and smirks. then looks back at me, right in my eyes. "i like you too."

my eyes were slightly watery from happiness. i've wanted this for so long and now i finally have it. he continues, "i've had a crush on you since like 7th grade." he laughs out and looks down with what little shame he has. i just sit there in shock for a second. this whole time.

"you're joking?" i say and he looks up at me in confusion, "what?" "there's no way. i was the one with the crush" i reply and laugh. he smiles, "welp i guess you fooled me as much as i fooled you." he smirks. "guess i did."

1651 words
hope y'all liked it, next one is gonna be a little bit spicy