Chapter 3: A Big World of Heroes

Huh? Was the first thought of the terrifying tyrant of humanity as he gazed at the beautiful bluish sky. What happened?

He remembered he was attacked by soldiers and a powerful fighter wearing the latest power armor. Then they had a beam clash, which ended in the armored fighter's favor and then he was launched back. But why was he so desperate to not get pushed back?

Then he remembers the bizarre wormhole, the feeling of his whole body melting away as he got sucked in. His eyes widened and instantly shot into the air, looking around the area while floating in the air. He was in a woodland area which covered for miles.

Was the wormhole some sort of portal? Then why were they so desperate for him to go inside it if they are going only to teleport him in a different place. Looking at the woods one more time his panic decreased, a sense of nostalgia replacing it.

In the year 2219 there were only a few woodland areas in existence, everything was replaced by large buildings or homes. Destroying everything in nature, they were forced to make a facility for any wild animals so as to not get them extinct. Although there are a few woodland places, it was protected by the government and anything foreign were to come must be eliminated on sight.

He did want to see the trees again, to once again feel their rough wood texture and smell the natural oxygen once more, something he hadn't done for decades, he did not like the awful artificial oxygen covering everywhere he went. But he couldn't if he were to go it would hurt his already damage relationship with the public and not to mention he was too busy helping out in natural disasters, robberies and any crime. Big J took a huge inhale of the air before letting the air out his face full of satisfaction.

While seeing trees and grass again was nostalgic and all, he needed to find out exactly where he was. His body soared higher into the air before shooting himself forward creating a sonic boom in the process. The leaves and the branches dance from the force as Big J leaves the area.

Back to Big J he slows down the instant he sees civilization. More questions were raised as soon sees the structure of the buildings and houses. It looked...like structures dating back seven decades ago.

Unlike the smooth modern neon structure material used, they were using stone, bricks and all those kinds of old material that was used to build. And it's not just that, everything seemed like the 2040's again. It is as if he traveled back in time...

His eyes narrow slightly at the realization, it's no wonder they were so desperate to push him to the wormhole! But why? Wouldn't it just be more bad for them if there are two of himself running around?

Shaking his head to force those thoughts to the background. Time travel or not, he needs to know where he is. His whole existence would cause a stir so he zipped up his jacket blocking the 'BJ' symbol and put his hoodie up.

It was a terrible disguise but it was all he could for the time being. Spotting a landing spot which was an alley with no people. Big J landed on the alley shoving his hands to his pockets and pushing his head down as he walked out the alley and into civilization.

Glancing up at signs, billboards and people speaking he instantly knew he was in Japan. Where in Japan was still unknown. The best place to know where and when exactly you are is the library and thankfully during his centuries worth of experience, he learned to speak and write almost all of the other languages.

Japanese being one of them, he also knew how to write kanji too. True, he could just shoot up in the air to find which part of Japan he was or ask a person. However he needed to be undercover and showing the enemy of humanity's face to someone would doubt cause trouble for him.