IMPORTANT!!!!

Hello to anyone who may read this,

Today it's been approximately a year since Lucas vanished from the planet. To say I am furious would be an understatement. Without as much as a trial, this man has been banished from the Internet and who knows where else. Cancel culture has always been a thing but nowadays it's been stretched to extremes. People judge others without a thought, without checking sources, without standing still for a moment and wonder if what they are reading is the truth or not. Lucas, one of the most popular nct members, was so easily discarded off it seemed like nobody cared about him at all. The evidence against him was very doubtful, most of it clearly being manipulated or made up of things that could very well just be a coincidence. I'm angry at the fanbase for so easily believing such ridiculous rumours. I'm not saying we should blindly support idols just because they're celebrities. I'm saying we shouldn't turn their back on them the very instant things are getting rough. Nowadays there are so many rumours being spread, it's hard to tell the difference between what is true and what is not. If you cannot support someone because of doubts, be silent. Don't fall into the trap of online hate. Who knows, the rumor could turn out to be false in the end.

But most of all, I'm angry at Label V. This is no way to treat your artists. SM and it's sublabels have always been known for their bad treatment, especially towards chinese idols but this really takes the crown. To leave a groups fanbase, your main source of income, completely in the dark about what's happening with their idol is bizarre. Not to mention the fact Lucas' apology letter came out a few days after the rumors started, as if Label V didn't care about protecting their artist and just wanted to get it over with, not wasting any money on a lawsuit fighting the rumours which they seemingly easily could have won. Perhaps they are secretly fighting them now behind the scenes but it is hard to say. Why keep it a secret then? Why have Lucas vanish of the planet then? When Taeyong was facing bullying accusations they didn't make him dissapear either. The only conclusion I can draw from this is that they thought Lucas simply wasn't worth it. Lucas has drawn so many fans to NCT and WayV and SuperM, to kpop as a whole and this is how you thank him? To condemn him without a trial? I'm desperately hoping that I am wrong, that maybe tomorrow an ot7 WayV Comeback will be announced or that an article will come out saying Lucas has left Label V to pursue a solo career. But everyday I am disappointed again. Label V remains quiet, pretending Lucas never even existed. You may think that's smart, you may think that's how business works. But idols aren't products and fans are more than just the money in your bank account. They are people. Fans semi-tolerate your despicable behaviour for now, but I'm not sure that will always be the case. One day, your inability to take care of your artists is going to be your downfall. And I can't wait to see it.

Sincerely,

A Lumi