YangYang • Best Friend

Synopsis:Do you remember your first breakup? Chances are you were very young back then. Read this story about puppy love and the end of it (and maybe the beginning of a new kind).

You sighed while you were staring at the rain pouring down on the pink flowers in your neighbours garden.

He probably wouldn't come today, since the weather was so bad.

You and YangYang always played outside near the railroad. You did all kinds of things together, from climbing in tree's to playing with stranger's dogs. But you assumed YangYang wouldn't want to play with you as it was pouring outside.

He came a lot less often nowadays anyways.

Ever since he got a girlfriend.

You gotta admit, you were kind of jealous. He now spent most of his time with her instead of with you.

But you pretend like you didn't care. You and YangYang never really talked about feelings. The closest thing he ever told you was that his dog died. And that was 5 years ago.

You lifted your head up as you heard the door bell ring. Could that be Yangyang?

Nah, you were probably just imagining things.

The door rang again, this time longer. Someone kept pressing the doorbell, the annoying sound feeling like a drill in your head.

Slightly pissed off you got up and walked towards the door, opening it.

"YangYang?" Your eyes grew large. "Why did you come here all the way ? Oh my god you are completely soaked!"

He looked kind of like a drowned cat.

"Y/N, let's go outside.'' The cat grinned broadly. ''Let's play in the rain! You're not scared to get wet right?"

You sighed and looked  up at the sky. It didn't look like it was going to clear up anytime soon.

"I don't know Yangyang..."

YangYang suddenly grabbed both of your hands. You shivered at how cold his hands felt.

"Please, Y/N?"

Your eyes met his and immediately you sensed something was off.

You nodded.

"Okay, just hold on a sec, I gotta put on my raincoat."

You ran upstairs to grab your rainbow raincoat and wrote a note to your parents  telling them were you were gonna go so they wouldn't get worried.

You raced down the stairs towards the door. 

"Okay we can go!"You said cheerfully.

YangYang smiled thankfully and dragged you outside.

"Let's go to the red bridge, we can take shelter underneath it" He suggested.

You agreed. You always sat under that bridge when you weren't playing. Sometimes you tried to catch fishes from the river, but you always failed because you didn't have any equipment. YangYang somehow once managed to catch a really big fish. You remembered  his surprised face when he pulled it out of the water. The memory made you smile.

You looked to your side and saw your best friend staring down at the ground while walking. You were worried about him. Something was clearly bugging him.

But you decided to wait until he brought it up himself. It never worked if you tried to force things out of him.

Finally you two reached the bridge and carefully you walked down the steep hill underneath it.