Ch 4

Harry's p.o.v

The following day, the champions were told to get together for an interview with Rita Skeeter from the daily profit. For some odd reason, she took me to the broom closet for the interview.

"So tell me Harry. A boy of 12-"

"I'm 14." I corrected her. But she ignored me.

"About to compete with three students. Not only fastly, emotionally mature than yourself, but who have mastered spells that you wouldn't attend in your daydreams. Concerned?"

"Well... I don't know." I hesitated. Now I'm getting more nervous.

"Do you think it's the troll of your past that made you so keen to enter such a dangerous tournament?"

"No I didn't enter!" Why does everyone think that? Last night when I returned to my dorm after having Dumbledore and the other adults questioning me about the goblet of fire, none of the guys talked to me. Not even Ron! He was the one most mad at me.

"Of course you didn't." Skeeter said to me with a wink and a smirk.

"Everyone loves a rebel, Harry. Which brings me to my next topic. Are you hoping that a girl will finally notice Harry Potter? Perhaps the sister of a certain schoolmate champion?"

Sister of a schoolmate champion? Does she mean Penny? How could she think- wait.... Ron did mention Penny having to be now worried for Cedric and me. I didn't mean for this to happen though.

"Penny? I would never-"

'Like I said, everyone loves a rebel." She cheered

"Penny and I are just friends." I determinedly said.

"Sure you are." She winked again. This time, I rolled my eyes.

"Your secret is safe with me." She whispered. I don't have any secrets!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

With everything going on, I decided to write a letter to Sirius. Hoping I could get some answers. He sent me an owl to meet up with him at midnight in the common room. I wonder how he's going to get in?

It was midnight and I entered the common room. I didn't see Sirius anywhere. But I did find someone else.

Penny was laying down on the couch, fast asleep. How did she get in? Maybe she was with Ron earlier. She looked so peaceful too. I started to lightly touch her cheek. I didn't want to accidentally wake her, and she looks so pretty. Was she always this pretty?

"Harry!" I heard a whisper coming from the fire in the chimney. It was Sirius' face coming from the fire!

After talking to him, someone was coming down from the stairs. I stood in front of the couch to face who it was and hoped they wouldn't see Penny and wake her up.

"Who were you talking to?" Asked a very grumpy Ron.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, pretending I had no idea what's going on.

"I heard voices." What should I do?

"Hi Ron." Penny's sleepy voice sounded from behind me. We both looked and saw Penny standing up from the couch, wiping her eyes from sleeping.

"Penny? What are you still doing here? I thought you went to bed?" He asked her. Changing his tune completely from earlier.

"I wanted to stay up and wait for Harry to check up on him?" She put on that adorable smile that I love. Since when did that happen?

"There's no need for that Penny. Harry Potter only cares about himself." He continued to glare at me.

"You already have Cedric to worry about. Just go to bed."

"I will, after I talk to Harry."

"Penny-" She interrupted him.

"Go. I'll be fine." He hesitated on leaving her, but nodded and left after sending one final glare. I felt her soft hand holding mine. I looked at our hands and then looked up to find her face filled with worry.

"Sorry about Ron. He can be-"

"A jerk." I suggested. This time it was her looking angry at me. As much as I want to take her seriously, I can't. Her glare looks too cute. There I go again!

"Sorry. I forget that you and Ron are like siblings."

"And you two are best friends." I frowned.

"I don't know about that. He seems very cross with me for something I didn't do."

"Give him time. He will come around." she hopefully said. She's always looking for the bright side. Wait a moment, I focused on her again.

"Wait, you believe me? You don't think I purposely put my name in the goblet?" I asked her. She nodded her head with a smile.

"Of course I believe you, Harry. You're the last person who would want all the attention. You are already uncomfortable with the whole wizard world knowing your name because of UKW." She does have a point. How is it that Penny knows me better than Ron?

"You're a good friend, Penny." I told her. I really mean it. Her cheeks started to turn a little pink.

"You are too! But do please be careful in the tournaments. Cedric says that the tournaments can be too difficult for any wizard to handle." She really is worried. At least I know that I have her support.

We pinky promised.