Ch 4

Harry's p.o.v

Spring has come. It is supposed to be the time of nature coming to life. But unfortunately, we received news that Buckbeak has been sentenced to death.

We were on our way to see Hagrid before it took place. On our way there, we saw Malfoy with a camera in his hands and his friends with him with a perfect view of Hagrid's hut and Buckbeak. We heard Malfoy mention his father letting him keep Buckbeak's head and donating it to our House. How horrible!

"That's it." Penny announced and sped her way towards them. This was new of her.

"Oh, Penny. Come to see the show with me?" He asked with a grin.

"Draco Malfoy you foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!" Penny was angry and pointed her wand at him, pinning him to a huge rock behind him.

"Penelope no!" Ron stopped her. I thought he would encourage her.

"He's not worth it." Mione added.

"Remember what you told me. Don't let the anger get in your way." I reminded her. Now I understand what it feels like to witness your friend seconds away from doing something wrong. I don't want Penny to feel that pain.

She lowered her wand and turned to come back with us. Malfoy laughed. Before we knew it, she punched him in the face. He ran off with his friends following.

"Penelope!" Hermione said in shock. I was too. Penny looked guilty at us.

"Sorry."

"How do you feel?" I asked. I was worried for her hand, and held it to inspect it.

"Hate to say it, but that felt good." She admitted.

"Not good, brilliant." Ron cheered.

We visited Hagrid right before the execution. The Minister came, so we had to get out of the hut before he could see us. We hid behind the pumpkins then Penny suddenly moved away, looking back in the woods. I looked also in case something was out there, but I didn't see anything other than trees.

"Penny, what is it?" I asked her.

"I thought I just saw...... nevermind."

"Let's go before we get caught." Ron eagerly told us. We ran back up the hill where the large rocks were again. There we had a view of the execution.

We stood side by side with each other. Penny slowly held my hand. I know how caring she can be. Having to watch this must be killing her. So I tightened my grip to comfort her. Once we heard the sound of the ax cut through and birds flying away, Penny started to cry. Out of reflex, I held her in my arms while she rested her head on my shoulder. I had a funny tingling feeling inside again.

"Ow! Scabbers bit me!" Ron cried out in shock. We all looked at his now bleeding finger. Instantly, Penny let go of me and held his hand in hers. Checking the injury.

"Ron, we need to stop the bleeding." She informed him.

"But Scabbers ran away!" He started to run after his rat. If I didn't know better, his rat has been missing a lot. We all started to run after him.

"Ronald stop!"

"Ron, wait!"

"Come back!" We all shouted after him. But he continued moving farther away. We stopped ourselves when we noticed the whooping willow tree. That tree moves on its own and hits everything that comes near it.

"Oh no. You both know what that tree is, right?" Mione asked us. Penny panicked.

"Ron, run!" She screamed. But Ron didn't hear her. He was more focused on finally capturing Scabbers in his hands. When he finally looked up at us, he looked terrified. As if he had just seen a spider again.